Chapter 50

(A/N: Real quick, I forgot that the "Temptress in the Mist" episode was after the episode Shippo met Satsuki, not before. Sorry for the mix up. Onto the chapter!)

Your POV

"What do you mean you're going home?!" Inuyasha exclaimed. Kagome sighed and you rolled your eyes.

"There's a very important exam coming Inuyasha, I have to study. Besides, we're far enough behind in school as it is."

"Don't remind me," you groaned, rubbing your face with your hand. Kagome frowned and turned back to Inuyasha.

"Please Inuyasha? Just three days?" Kagome pleaded. Inuyasha growled.

"Actually, Inuyasha, I know it's not the best timing, but I was wondering if I could have three days off myself," Sango chimed in, surprising you and Kagome. Inuyasha growled again and turned away.

"Fine!" He spat. "But you only get three days." Sango beamed and hopped onto Kirara before riding off. Kagome turned to you.

"I guess that means we get those days off as well," she hummed. You nodded. Inuyasha huffed.

"Fine. Let's go," he ordered. You and Kagome glanced at each other before shrugging and following behind him, Miroku and Shippo.

As you guys made your way back to Kaede's village, Shippo stopped. He looked into the water and gasped in horror. You came up beside him, reaching into the water and grabbing what had scared him. It appeared to be a peach, but had what appeared to be a human face on it.

"It's a human-faced fruit," Miroku explained as him, Kagome and Inuyasha came up behind you and Shippo.

"A human-faced fruit?" You echoed. "You mean you've heard of this thing before?"

"Yes," Miroku replied with a nod. "They're made from demon trees; who use human essence as fertilizer, therefore the fruit they bear have the appearance of a human face." You shuddered, noticing more fruits floating in the river.

"And it appears it's a very big tree," you hummed. "Given all this fruit floating in the river."

"Up there," Kagome chimed in suddenly. You looked over at her before looking where she was pointing. At the top of a cliff stood a large tree; the demon tree, you presumed.

"Whatever," Inuyasha huffed. "I'll go chop it down real quick." And without waiting for a response, he turned and began climbing up the mountain. You sighed as Kagome looked at Shippo expectantly. You couldn't guess what would happen next.

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha climbed up the mountain, a strong sense of urgency flowing through his veins. For tonight was the night of the new moon, and his demon powers would be taken away until morning. He wanted to get back to the village before then.

He pulled himself up onto the cliff, and in front of him stood the demon tree.

"So you're the one causing all this trouble. I guess I'll just chop you down with my Tessaiga," he mused, pulling Tessaiga out of its sheath.

"What are you doing?" Someone asked suddenly. Inuyasha whipped around to see a large man coming towards him.

"I'm here to cut down this tree," Inuyasha huffed. "Don't try to stop me!"

"No! You can't cut down Ninmenka!" The man exclaimed. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes.

"Who do you think you are?" He growled, raising Tessaiga.

"I am Tokajin! I'm a powerful sage of Togenkyo region!" Tokajin yelled.

"Well I don't have time for you Tokajin," Inuyasha growled quietly. And without a second thought he charged towards the sage.

Almost immediately Tokajin whipped out a gourd, which shrinkened Inuyasha, forcing him to drop the Tessaiga before being sucked into the gourd himself.

Your POV (Again)

"Just hold on a little bit longer Shippo," Kagome murmured. You felt bad for the poor, young fox demon, as he was now trying to haul the three of you up the mountain. But suddenly he stopped.

"Sorry Kagome," he apologized before shrinking back to his normal form, dropping the three of you. But, whether it was lucky or not, the four of you fell into what appeared to be some lair.

You all looked around, surprised, before approaching something in the middle of the floor. It was a small village, and before anyone could realize you all shrank, falling into the village yourself.

You looked around for a moment before sighing. This wasn't turning out well, now was it?

Inuyasha's POV (Again)

Damn it. To think he was now trapped. And what's worse? The purple liquid was rising.

He growled under his breath before turning to the wall and beginning to swipe his claws at it. Surely if he stuck at it long enough he could break through, right?

But no. To make matters even worse than they were beforehand, he lost his demon powers.

"Damn it," Inuyasha growled, avoiding the purple liquid as much as he could.

Suddenly, the sheath of Tessaiga moved. He looked down at it before realizing the sword must be nearby. Feeling hopeful, he raised the sheath to the wall and whispered, "Come, Tessaiga."

It thankfully worked as the blade of Tessaiga broke through the gourd. And when Tokajin removed the blade he jumped out, growing back to full-size.

As Tokajin turned around, in a fit of rage Inuyasha went to punch his stomach. That's when he noticed the other two jewel-shards and the broken glass on the floor. And before he could do anything, Tokajin's skin became rock-like and the sage crushed him, ultimately forcing him to lose consciousness.

Your POV (Again)

You heard something, but Kagome, Shippo and Miroku didn't seem to notice as they were trying to ask the civilians of the little village.

You weren't sure what happened, but something told you this whole trip of trying to get back home was gonna get interesting.

(A/N: Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to post another chapter. And don't worry, Naraku will show up again in the chapter after next, so there's something to look forward to. Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Bye!)

(Word count: 999)