Chapter 32

Your POV

You were behind Kagome, watching as Koharu talked to Miroku. Kagome, along with you and Sango, proceeded to glare at the monk after hearing that he asked a literal child to bear his children.

However, that thought didn't last long as you all began to search for a new home for Koharu, since you couldn't bring her along, nor leave her alone.

Your mind wandered to after you woke up, when Miroku told you what happened. You could still feel the pain in your head from being thrown to the ground. Did Naraku order Kagura to do that? You wondered. He must've, Kagura did whatever he told her to do. I thought he loved me, you sniffed. Clearly not, you huffed silently. A growl rose in your throat, but you forced it down. This was definitely something Naraku would do. He was just trying to earn your trust in hopes that you would help him, wasn't he? You growled, causing Inuyasha, Shippo, Sango, Miroku and Kagome to look at you with a confused expression.

"What's wrong Y/n?" Kagome asked softly.

"I'm going to break his stupid neck!" You spat, surprising the four of them. You stood up and began to pace around the room. "I can't believe he thought he'd get away with it! I'll kill him, then find a way to bring him back to life and kill him again! That jerk is going to regret ever meeting me!" You screamed.

"Woah, woah, calm down. What's all this about?" Inuyasha asked, both concerned and confused.

"Tell us what's wrong sis," Kagome encouraged gently, waiting as you took a moment to catch your breath.

Before you could answer, however, Miroku and Inuyasha turned their heads to look outside.

"We're surrounded," Miroku stated. Inuyasha let out a huff. The two of them walked outside, only to find that the villagers had surrounded them. But something about them was... off.

You didn't care, however, and watched as they began to attack. Miroku and Inuyasha held them off, but they just kept coming.

"Kagome?" Koharu's voice sounded from behind them quietly. You, Shippo, Sango and Kagome turned to look at the girl.

"What's the matter Koharu?" Kagome asked, taking a step towards her.

"A demon came in and killed the elder and his wife," Koharu stated, wobbling slightly. A demon? You wondered. No one sensed a demon, not even Inuyasha. You narrowed your eyes. Something wasn't right here.

But you followed quietly behind Kagome and the others anyways.

Eventually the five of you came across the elder's room. Kagome glanced down at them with a frown while you, Sango and Shippo looked ahead. And... There! A girl dressed in complete white with white hair stepped out of the darkness.

"Hiraikotsu!" Sango shouted, swinging the massive boomerang at the girl, who you quickly realized was the demon.

However, much to everyone's dismay, the girl somehow reflected the Hiraikotsu and sent it back, hitting Sango in the process. Shippo tried to catch her, but due to the size and weight difference, he ended up getting knocked back as well.

Suddenly, Koharu held onto Kagome, holding her still. You grabbed out your dagger and glared at the white-haired girl. She must be the one controlling Koharu and the villagers! You snarled and lunged at her, only to be knocked back.

You hit the wall, gasping in pain. Falling to the ground, you watched as the girl raised a small, white mirror.

"Kagome, look into my mirror," the girl said. Your eyes widened.

Clenching your teeth, you forced yourself to your feet and lunged at the girl again. She glanced at you before you were knocked back again.

Once more you hit the wall with what felt like twice the force. All you felt was pain; shooting up through your spine and spreading throughout the rest of your body. You tried to stay awake, to get to your feet, anything! But you soon fell out of consciousness.

Miroku's POV

"Right now as we speak, Kagome is having the soul sucked out of her," Kagura snickered, with that same malicious smile she wore when they first met.

Inuyasha glanced at Miroku. "Go Miroku! Help Kagome and the others!" The half-demon ordered. Miroku gave him a firm nod and turned to leave. He heard Kagura laughing as he ran back towards the house.

"Your help will arrive too late!" She exclaimed. But Miroku kept running. He had to help them.

Before long Miroku was back inside. He searched the building until he ended up just outside the elder's room and found Koharu lying on the floor.

"Koharu!" He exclaimed. "What happened?"

"Oh Miroku! It was horrible!" Koharu said, hugging him. Miroku hugged her back, but something felt awfully wrong...