Chapter 15

Kagome's POV

It's been two weeks since Sango and Inuyasha had fought together.

They found out that the Naraku they were fighting was merely just a puppet. Could the real Naraku have had sent out two puppets, one to kidnap her sister? Or did the real one come to kidnap himself? It's unlikely, Kagome told herself. Afterall, wouldn't Sango or Inuyasha have sensed him if he had?

Sighing, she continued on her way to where Sango was resting, only to find that the demon slayer was gone. Could she have gone to the Graves? Kagome wondered, turning to make her way there.

She indeed found Sango by the Graves, holding a small white flower. Kirara was by her side, giving the demon slayer slight comfort.

"Kagome... Is that you?" Sango asked, her gaze still fixed on the ground. Kagome sat down beside her with a sigh.

"Kagome, I'm sorry about your sister. I hadn't realized I was tricked," Sango murmured, turning to the teenager with a look of sympathy in her eyes.

"It wasn't your fault, Sango. I shouldn't have let Y/n go off on her own," Kagome sighed, resting her head on her hand.

"You can't blame yourself. Naraku must've wanted her this whole time, meaning he'd stop at nothing to get her. Meaning, if she hadn't been kidnapped now she would've been some time later," Sango explained gently, resting her hand on the slightly younger female's back.

"I just don't understand why he wanted her," Kagome murmured.

"From what you and your friends told me, she was quite strong. She knew how to fight as well as Inuyasha. She survived everyone you all fought against, making her valuable for Naraku's side."

"I guess." Kagome knew Sango was right. She just wished things had turned out differently.

Later that day, they traveled to the cave of Midoriku, the powerful priestess who had created the Shikon Jewel. Sango told them everything she knew, explaining that Midoriku had forced out her own soul to stop the demons who had attacked her.

Now the four of them were getting ready for bed, Inuyasha awake and on the roof. They exchanged some words before drifting off to sleep, unaware of what would happen next.

The Earth quaked, alerting Inuyasha and waking everyone else up. Miroku went out with Inuyasha. Sango and Shippo stayed behind with Kagome.

"Kirara's gone," Sango noticed, her eyes widening slightly.

"And so has the shards of the Shikon Jewel," Kagome muttered, surprised.

Shippo grabbed onto Kagome, holding her tightly. Kagome wrapped her arm around him, prepared to defend the three of them if necessary.

However, it wasn't needed. Miroku and Inuyasha soon returned, the Jewel shards in their possession.

"Where's Kirara?" Sango asked frantically.

"She stayed behind in the cave," Inuyasha huffed, glancing away. Sango breathed out a sigh of relief before getting back under the covers.

Inuyasha went back outside while Miroku stayed near the door. Shippo went to sleep as well, however, Kagome was restless.

"Miroku?" Kagome asked quietly.

"What's wrong Kagome?" Miroku questioned, turning to face the girl.

"Did you ask the puppet anything about Y/n? And if so, what did he say?"

"I did ask about Y/n," Miroku murmured, turning away. "The puppet merely said she was unharmed, but gave no more information."

"Thank you," Kagome whispered, followed by the monk giving her a small nod.

Kagome felt slightly better as she got under the covers. Turning on her side, she shut her eyes gently. At least she's safe for now, Kagome told herself, holding onto the thought as she fell asleep.

Your POV

"Naraku, I'm bored," you whined, receiving a huff from the demon.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked, glancing at you through narrowed eyes.

"I dunno. Just... Something. Anything. I'm just tired of sitting around," you huffed, glancing away from him.

He didn't respond. You figured he began ignoring you. However, that thought didn't last long as you were soon pinned to the ground. You felt your face heat up and your shoulders grew tense.

"Not this!" You snapped.

"You said anything," Naraku reminded you, blinking. You winced. You did say that.

"Yeah, well... I wasn't expecting to pinned to the ground," you huffed, embarrassed.

Naraku's POV

Naraku smirked. It was fun seeing the girl all flustered like this.

Wait... What on Earth was he doing?! Naraku stood up, helping Y/n to her feet.

The girl, still flustered, immediately ran out of the room. On her way back to her own, he guessed. He didn't mind. He needed some time to think. Why on Earth had he pinned her like that. Surely he couldn't be falling for her... Right?