Chapter 33

Miroku's POV

Miroku spotted the glint of the knife as Koharu raised it to stab him. He quickly pushed her away, grabbing ahold of her wrist as she aimed to attack him again.

As soon as he was sure that she wasn't a threat, he rose to his feet and walked inside the room, only to find Y/n, Shippo and Sango unconscious and Kagome's soul being stolen by a white-haired demon.

Before he could do anything, Kagome grabbed a hold of her bow and an arrow and sat up, aiming the arrow at the girl.

"How can you still move?" The girl asked, her voice monotone. Miroku found it slightly creepy how the girl's emotions never changed, and her face kept the same blank look.

Suddenly, Miroku heard a growl behind him. He looked over his shoulder to find out it was Kirara, but when he turned back around the girl was gone.

Miroku hurriedly helped Kagome to her feet and onto Kirara's back, making sure Shippo, Sango and Y/n also rested comfortably on the demon before climbing on himself.

"Let's go check on Inuyasha," Miroku ordered, to which Kirara responded by exiting the building and climbing into the sky.

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha dodged the villagers and the attacks from Kagura, trying to get close to the wind Sorceress but failing.

Eventually, he tried the Wind Scar. At first, he was unable to see it, but the winds soon merged together and he was able to see the Wind Scar. Inuyasha smirked. This time he would kill Kagura, and she'd no longer be a threat to them.

With one swing from the Tessaiga, he broke through the fissure and used the Wind Scar. Much to his dismay, however, Kagura had a new ally that somehow managed to deflect the Wind Scar and send it back towards him.

His eyes widened, and before he was able to dodge out of the way, he was struck with his own power.

Kagome's POV

As soon as Kagome saw Inuyasha, her eyes widened. "Bring me to Inuyasha," she told Kirara, who growled obligingly and gently flew down to the ruined ground.

Kagome hopped off Kirara's back and ran up to the fallen half-demon, not paying much attention to Kagura and the small girl. Well, at least, she wasn't to begin with, but her gaze immediately went to them as Naraku appeared.

"Naraku," Miroku growled quietly. Naraku smirked.

Your POV

"Naraku," you heard Miroku growl. Naraku's here? Your mind echoed, as your eyes slowly opened.

You grabbed your dagger and quietly got off Kirara, narrowing your eyes. You watched as Kagome shot a Sacred Arrow which went through the girl's mirror, (who Naraku said was Kanne) and all the souls trapped within the mirror returned to everyone.

Before Miroku could use his Wind Tunnel, you ran forward, stabbing Kagura when she stepped in front of Naraku.

"Stay out of my way," you snarled, shoving the Sorceress to the ground and glaring at Naraku. His eyes widened slightly, and Kanne watched silently beside him.

"Y/n!" Kagome called, grabbing your hand.

"Get the Hell off me!" You snapped, pushing her away. You saw her eyes flash with hurt, but in your anger you paid her no mind.

Naraku made no move as you grabbed the collar of his shirt and positioned your dagger to slit his throat.

Naraku's POV

Naraku didn't move as Y/n glared at him. He was surprised at the anger in her eyes, which used to shine with such fondness of him.

"What happened?" He murmured, just loud enough for her to hear.

"You know exactly what you did," she growled.

"Y/n, get back!" Miroku ordered. Y/n hissed, but reluctantly let go of the collar of Naraku's shirt and walked away, shooting him one last glare as she did so.

Before the monk could use the Wind Tunnel, Naraku turned and left, paying no mind to Kagura and Kanne as they followed behind him.

(Back at the castle)

Naraku stared out the window, thinking. Why was Y/n so angry with him? He didn't remember doing anything to upset her...

Did I do something wrong? He wondered, frowning. He just didn't understand...

Your POV (Again)

You sat outside with Kagome, Shippo, Sango and Miroku. Inuyasha was inside the small shelter, healing.

"I'm sorry Kagome. I didn't mean to push you away," you sighed.

"It's okay," Kagome murmured. "But I don't understand all this sudden anger towards Naraku. You were never this angry with him before," Kagome explained, looking away.

"He's a total jerk," you stated with a huff. "Do I need anymore reason than that?"

"No," Kagome sighed. "I suppose not." After that, she didn't say anything else, and neither did you. Instead, you focused your energy on calming down and forgetting about Naraku.

I hate him. He deserves to die, you told yourself. But one small part of you in the back your mind disagreed.