The Day Of Black Sun Part 2 (Aang X)

A/N: (Aang X Chapter) 

Aang grips my waist as we soar towards the battlefield. The feeling of his arm around me made me flush. Just when I thought I was getting a control on the mixed feelings inside me he goes and does something like that. It was like he was stilling kissing me, stealing my breath, which was okay, every one of them was meant for him anyway.  From below I can see Appa and my family. We descend and land next to them.

"Please tell me the Fire Lord turned out to be a big whimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to knock him out?" Sokka asks and I shake my head sadly.

"He wasn't home. No one was. The entire palace city is abandoned." I say as Aang glares at the ground.

"They knew." Sokka mutters darkly.

"It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long-gone; far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse." Aang growls scuffing the ground with his foot.

"I don't think so. He'd have a secret bunker. Somewhere he would be safe but still be near enough to lead his troops." Sokka argues.

"If it's an underground secret bunker you're looking for I'm your girl." Toph says proudly.

"The mechanist gave me this timing device. It looks like we've got about ten minutes until the full eclipse. Ten minutes to find the Fire Lord." Sokaa says revealing the miniature clock.

"We can still do this. We can still save the day." Aang says and I nod grinning.

"Wait! If they knew we were coming it could all be a trap. Maybe we should use the time we have left to make sure we all get out of here safely." Katara counters.

"Everyone who's here today came prepared to risk everything for this mission. They know what's at stake. If there's still a chance and there's still hope, I think they would want Aang to go for it." Dad says and I look at Aang.

" What do you think? You're the one that has to face the Fire Lord. Whatever you decide, I'm with you." Sokka says brotherly.

"I've gotta try."

__________

We land back on the volcano with Appa as the four of us descend back onto the ground. Toph stuffs her hands into the Earth.

"Do you feel anything down there?" Aang asks.

"Yep. There are natural tunnels criss-crossing through the inside of the volcano." Toph says touching the ground.

"Anything else? Is there a structure somewhere?" Sokka inquires.

"There is something big, dense and made of metal deep in the heart of the volcano."

"Sounds like a secret bunker to me." I grin and Toph opens a cave structure into the side of the volcano.

"Stay safe. We'll be back soon." Aang says to Appa, Nimu and Momo as we enter the darkness.

"This way! That one's a dead end!" Toph says leading us through the dark tunnels.

"What would we do without you?" Sokka gasps.

"Perish in burning hot magma." She answers and my eyes wide at the stream of lava flowing near my head.

"Yeah, pretty much." Sokka says.

"The tunnel continues on the other side and it leads right to the bunker." Toph explains point across a minefield of lava spouts.

"We have to be fast but careful." Sokka says taking a step. Lava erupts in front of him and I blast it away with energy.