The Waterbending Scroll

A/N: Edited :3

Aang is pacing up and down Appa's back, a worried expression on his face while Sokka flew Appa. I watch curiously as the young monk paced.

"Would you sit down? If we hit a bump you'll go flying off! What's bugging you anyway?" Sokka asks.

"It's what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives." Aang responds nervously. I had to admit after Aang explained his conversation I wasn't entirely hopeful.

"Well, let's see, you've pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you 112 years, I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer." Sokka tells him and I glare.

"I haven't even started waterbending and we're still weeks away from the North Pole! What am I gonna do!?" Aang asks frightened.

Aang puts his head in his hands in frustration. I grab his hands and pull him to where Katara and I are kneeling in the passenger area. Aang kneels beside me as Katara takes his hands in hers.

"Calm down. It's going to be okay. If you want, I can try and teach you some of the stuff I know." Katara says softly.

"You'd do that?" He asked smiling at her.

Katara nods her head and smiles. Aang and I then crawl over to the edge of the saddle to look down.

"We'll need to find a good source of water first." Katara admits.

"Maybe we can find a puddle for you two to splash in." Sokka suggests.

We fly down to a huge waterfall, a steady river beating down the path. Katara, Sokka, Aang and I are on the left bank. Sokka looks a little sour, but Katara and I look up in excitement and happiness at the mighty waterfall. Aang mirrors our expressions. Appa swoops in overhead, grunts loudly and drops himself into the water. The sun is blotted by a shadow – the wave of water from Appa's messy swan dive. The wave crashes over him and he is soaked, rolling over in the water, relaxing.

"Nice puddle." Sokka comments. Aang who has removed everything but his underwear is ready to join the fun. Katara, does not look pleased at this.

"Yeah! Don't start without me, boy!" Aang yells happily.

"Remember the reason we're here." Katara scolds.

"Oh right, time to practice waterbending." Aang says pulling his clothes back on.

"I'm gonna duck into the forest and try to get some alone time." I say looking at the shadowed tress. "I want to see if I can recreate what happened at the temple."

"Great. So what am I supposed to do?" Sokka asks annoyed.

"You could clean the gunk out of Appa's toes?" Aang suggests. Aang picks up a leafy branch and holds it out to Sokka, who folds his arms across his chest.

"So, while you guys are playing in the water, I'm supposed to be hard at work picking the mud out of a giant bison's feet?"

"Mud and bugs!" Aang says smiling.

"Okay." Sokka says.

Sokka grabs the branch and walks away, resigned to his task. I head into the shade to cool my core temperature raising my palm for inspection. I focus creating small spurts of pale blue energy that dissolves into the air. Nimu approaches yawning and looking rather lackadaisical. He looks up at me his feline eyes glowing bright. He opens his mouth and releases a blast of energy that has me stumble back.

"Show off." I smirk picking up the small puma and nuzzling his nose.

I look up to see Aang raising his hands and as well as a huge wall of water. Sokka with the wave building visibly behind him turns and his eyes go wide.