The Boiling Rock

A/N: Currently under construction :3

I watch curiously as Zuko walks around the campfire handing out cups of tea.

"No one can make tea like Uncle,  but hopefully I learned a thing or two. Would you like to hear Uncle's favorite tea joke?"

"Sure." Katara shrugs.

"I love jokes." Aang says.

"Bring it." Toph announces.

"Okay.  Well, I can't remember how it starts, but the punch line is "Leaf me alone, I'm bushed!" He says and I hide my smile behind my hand as silence ensues. "Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it."

"Right, maybe it's cause he remembers the whole thing." I tease sipping the warm drink. Everyone bursts out laughing and Zuko smiles a little.

I watch Sokka slunk over to Zuko and whisper in his ear

I watch Sokka slunk over to Zuko and whisper in his ear. They walk away to speak and I watch from a distance curious. Eventually we all retire and I fall into a restless sleep. I'm flying in my dream when suddenly footsteps wake me. I see Zuko and Sokka talking near App and rise to my feet.

As I near them I can hear their conversation.

"Look, I have to do this. The invasion plan was my idea, it was my decision to stay when things were going wrong. It's my mistake, and it's my job to fix it. I have to regain my honor. You can't stop me, Zuko." Sokka says and my mouth falls open.

"You need to regain your honor? Believe me, I get it. I'm going with you. " Zuko says

"No. I have to do this alone."

"How are you going to get there? On Appa? Last time I checked, prisons don't have bison daycares. We'll take my war balloon." Zuko says helping Sokka off of Appa. I sneak over to the war balloon and take a seat.

"W-What the?" Zuko stutters as they walk up to the balloon. I smile at the to shocked boys blowing the bangs out of my eyes.

"Ready to leave?"

"What are you doing here?" Zuko demands.

"Easy I'm coming with you to this prison or whatever." I say and both their mouths fall open.

"No way." Zuko says at the same time Sokka says. "Not a chance."

"Either we head off now or I'll wake everyone up and you'll have to deal with Katara."

"Neva this is childish, this is about Dad."

"Then I'm coming for sure."

I watch Sokka growl toss a look over his shoulder before slumping across from me as Zuko prepares for take off.

___________

We travel in the air for a long period of time. Zuko blasts fire into the tank to keep it moving before a moment of awkward silence ensues.