The Avatar State

A/N: Edited :3

Stay tuned for a brand new chapter coming at your screen hecka soon!

Were traveling on a ship with Master Pakku and the others for a while. Everyone seems asleep except me. Aang gasps awake and breathes hard. He's in a fur hammock across from me. He jumps from the bed and crawls onto the deck.

"Aang?" I ask softly. I approach Aang, whose looking out over the ocean. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Nah. Just a nightmare." He replies but there's a pause, "I was in the Avatar state, but I was outside my body watching myself. It was scary. I was scary." He admits unsettled.

"Everything will turn out okay." I try to calm him.

I put my hand on Aang's shoulder and he freezes. He turns to me, hooking his hand around my waist, his lips a fraction from mine breathing me in. His other hand hooks on the back of my neck holding me stiffly. His eyes half close as he leans in.

"Aang." I say slowly and he freezes his breath moving the baby hairs over my face. "Not like this."

He stares into my eyes his cheeks flushing with pink. His grip relaxes and he pulls away resting his hands on side of the boat. I stare at him sadly feeling my heart beat in my ears. I turn and spot green eyes glaring towards me. Toneri  sits on the steps giving me a pointed look. I flush under his annoyed gaze and head back to bed.

The next morning Master Pakku is on the deck of the ship with several other men from the Northern Water Tribe. He reaches into a bag and pulls out a triangle-shaped amulet.

"Katara, I want you to have this." the amulet is a triangle with a wave-shaped pattern of blue color with a crescent moon on the top, "This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it."

"Thank you, Master Pakku." She say's respectfully.

"Nevan this bow was crafted in the Oasis and has deadly aim. Use it with respect." He offers the beautiful dark wooden bow.

"Thank you Master." I bow.

"Aang, these scrolls will help you master waterbending, but remember they're no substitute for a real master." Master Pakku tells him. Aang looks up at Katara, who is on top of Appa. Sokka steps forward.

"Sokka." Sokka looks at him proudly and expectantly, "Take care, son."

Pakku pats Sokka's arm, giving him nothing. Sokka's expression becomes very embarrassed.

"Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east of here." Master Pakku started, "General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There you'll be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Bumi."

"Appa, yip yip!" Aang pulls the reigns and Appa lifts off

"Say hi to Gran Gran for us!" Katara shouts.

We'd been flying for a little while when Sokka leans on the edge looking bored, then suddenly stands up, looking excited. A circular, walled tower comes into view.

"There it is!" Sokka says excitedly.

Appa flies down towards it and lands inside. A bearded man in a green cap and brown and green armor steps forward.

"Welcome, Avatar Aang!" He says graciously.