The Library

A/N: Edited :3

We'd been together for a bit now traveling about while Toph teaches Aang earthbending. We all decided to take mini vacations and Kat had chosen the oasis. Unfortunately as we landed I grimace at the sight of the run down wonder. To my left are three sand gliders. Inside the walls are several small houses made of dry mud. There are no palm trees, and the ice spring in the middle is barely visible. Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, and I are outside the gates.

An old sign hanging overhead falls to the ground with a loud crash and shatters into several pieces, causing us to turn around in surprise

An old sign hanging overhead falls to the ground with a loud crash and shatters into several pieces, causing us to turn around in surprise. We walk past the evaporating ice spring. It's only a few feet high, and a dog with black fur is licking it for water. We stand outside one of the mud houses. It has a large doorway covered by a green cloth. Loitering outside the doorway are men wearing light brown clothing and wrapped in rags. They glance at us as we head inside the building. There a man is leaning against the wall and Sokka is glaring at him. I quickly turn around and pulls him away and into the doorway, in order to prevent a fight from breaking out.

The inside appears to be a restaurant, illuminated by dim lamps hanging from poles.

To the left are two patrons sitting at a wooden table. One of them takes a swig from a cup he's holding. At a table in the middle is a man wearing a tall orange hat who has fallen asleep, resting his head on the table's surface. His shoulders rise and fall as he snores. To the left is a bar, decorated with various overhanging fruit. Sitting at a stool is another sleeping man wearing dull green clothing and a white headband.

The bartender is bald and has a short brown beard. He is wearing a green tunic, a white apron and brown armbands around his biceps. There are two thin swords hanging across his back by leather straps. Speaking to the bartender is a man wearing loose white clothing and a circular white hat. Hanging from his back are a backpack and a sleeping bag. From his waist hangs a large leather pouch.

"One mango, please." The bartender nods. To his left are stacks of bowls and to his right is a double handled pitcher with a long, narrow neck. The bartender pulls both swords from their sheaths. He swings at one of the bowls, cutting it from the stack, then picks it up with both swords and places it on a cutting board in the middle. He then cuts down four fruits that are hanging overhead, two large yellow ones and two smaller red ones. The bartender then proceeds to rapidly dice the fruit into several smaller pieces with both swords and dumps them and some water into a bowl to complete the drink.

The bartender places the drink in the middle. He drops a bamboo straw and a small, green umbrella into the bowl as the finishing touch. The man in white takes the drink and drops an Earth Kingdom coin on the board which the bartender takes.

"I don't see anything wrong with having one of those fruity beverages while we plan our strategy." We turn to Sokka as he speaks. Sokka grins and walks towards the bar, shoving Aang and Toph in the process.