The Great Divide

A/N: Another new chapter aren't I the greatest ;) enjoy and keep reading lovelies :*

We set camp as the sun sets, the warm summer air a relaxing escape. I glance over to see the tent is raised and Sokka emerging from behind the tent's flap opening. As he does, Katara returns, carrying an arm load of wood.

"Um...aren't you forgetting the tarp?" She asks and I tilt my head sensing an issue.

"Right...got it." He picks up the rolled up tarp and throws it through the open flap and into the tent.

"Sokka, you're supposed to put the tarp on TOP of the tent. You know, so we don't get RAINED on."

"Ordinarily you'd be right, but seeing how it's the dry season, you're not. Besides, that tarp makes a pretty warm blanket."

"But what if it DOES rain?" Katara asks as I approach my palms held up.

"But what if it doesn't? Then I would have put the tarp up for nothing."

"Ur...arg! You're infuriating!"

"Katara, why don't you worry about gathering the firewood because that kindling's looking PRETTY sorry."

"Well if you don't like my firewood... You can have it." She yells throwing the wood at our brother.

"Guys." I say but I'm ignored.

Sokka raises his hands to shield himself, a shocked expression on his face. He stands in anger after the hail of sticks subsides.)

"Fine by me! If you're not going to do your job" He grabs a rope from the tent giving it a tug from the supports and letting it collapse in a heap. "urg!"

"Okay, I got the grub if you guys got the..." Aang says appearing at my side as Katara and Sokka turn away from each instantly, their arms across their chests, expressions of sullen anger on their faces "Hey, where's the campfire? And what happened to the tent?"

"Why don't you ask Miss Know It All? Queen of the Twigs!"

"Oh yeah?Well you're Mister Lazy Bum, King of the ...Tents!" She yells tossing a twig at Sokkas head.

"Okay, listen guys. Harsh words won't solve problems, action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?"

"Sounds good." Katara agreed bending to the tent.

"Whatever." Sokka sighs picking up the wood.

"You see that? Settling feuds and making peace. All in a days work for the Avatar."  Aang grins at me making me giggle.

By daytime, we approach the Grand Canyon
Aang: Here it is, guys, the Great Divide.

"Wow! I could just stare at it forever." Katara murmurs and I nod.

"Okay

"Okay. I've seen enough." Sokka yawns making Katara glare.

"How can you not be fascinated, Sokka? This is the largest canyon in the entire world."  I say shaking my head.