The Avatar Returns

A/N: Edited :3

Aang and I arrive back in the village where everyone is waiting anxiously. The kids run up excitedly cheering around Aang.

"I knew it!!" Sokka yells walking up to us. "You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! Your leading them straight to us, aren't you?"

"Aang didn't do anything Sokka. It was an accident!" I defend Aang as my brother yanks me behind him glowering.

"Yeah. We were on the ship and there was a booby trap and well we kind of boob-ied right into it." Aang admits rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Nevan." Gran Gran began, "You shouldn't have been on that ship. Now we all might be in danger."

"Don't blame Nevan. I brought her there, it was my fault." Aang says bowing his head.

"The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy! This foreigner is banished from our village!" Sokka commands and I throw my head back angrily as the kids surrounding Aang back away.

"Sokka you're making a mistake!" Katara yells at him.

"No! I'm keeping my promise to dad and protecting you both from threats like him!"

"Aang is not our enemy!" I explode, "Don't you see? Aang has brought us something we haven't had in a long time! Fun!"

"Fun? Nevan we can't fight firebenders with fun!" Sokka says.

"You should try it sometime." Aang pipes up grinning as my eyes water.

"Get out of our village! Now!" Sokka yells loudly.

"Grandmother! Please don't let Sokka do this!" Katara begs.

"Nevan knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it is best if the Airbender leaves." Gran Gran replies.

"Fine! Then I'm banished too!" I scream. "Come on Aang let's go." I say taking his hand

"Where do you think your going!" Sokka yells at me.

"Anywhere. Aang is taking me to see the world." I yell back, my voice hosts with the tears chocking my throat.

"I am? Great!" Aang says happily.

"Nevan. Are you really going to choose him over your own tribe. Your own family?" I freeze for a moment I can feel the tears threatening to spill.

"Nevan, I don't want to come between you and your family." Aang says getting ready to climb on Appa.

"So you're leaving the South Pole? This is goodbye?" I ask sadly.

"Thanks for penguin sledding with me."

"Where will you go?" Katara asks looking close to tears herself.

"I guess I'll go back home. Look for other airbenders. Wow, I haven't cleaned my room in 100 years! Not looking forward to that." Aang grins down at me.

"Thanks for being a great friend Aang." I whisper softly with Katara kissing his cheek and making him turn a dark red.

"Let's see your bison fly now." Sokka says crossing his arms.

"Come on Appa. Yip Yip!" But Appa remains grounded.

"Yeah I thought so!" Sokka scoffs.

"Come on, boy." Aang mutters and Appa walks off letting out a mournful groan.

"Neva," Gran Gran murmurs walking over to me. "You'll feel better after-"

"You happy now!?" I scream, "There's goes my only friend!" I push past my tribe and run to my room crying.