The Drill

A/N: Edited :3

The drill is a massive machine flanked by eight tanks on either side.

"We made it to Ba Sing Se, and we're still not safe. No one is." Ying cries despairingly. Than and his family huddle together.

"What are you people doing here? Civilians aren't allowed on the wall." An Earth Kingdom guard says from behind.

"I'm the Avatar. Take me to whoever's in charge." Aang demands looking determined.

We're on an area on the outer wall where a roof is supported by tall arches. An Earth kingdom general waits seated at a desk.

"It is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall young Avatar, but your help is not needed

"It is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall young Avatar, but your help is not needed." He says smiling.

"Not needed?" Aang questions.

"Not needed. I have the situation under control. I assure you the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded. " He says smugly.

The general rises as he speaks, leading us back out towards an open area of the wall manned by soldiers standing near large stacks of boulders. There is an aerial view of the outer wall. Nothing lies beyond the outer face but barren wastes, while a patchwork of fertile fields grow behind it.

"What about the Dragon of the West? He got in." Toph pipes up.

"Well, uh... technically yes. But he was quickly expunged." He goes from startled to more confidently. "Nevertheless, that is why the city is named Ba Sing Se. It's the impenetrable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se." He belly laughs, then becomes serious. "That means penetrable city."

"Yeah, thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem." I say growing annoyed.

General Sung begins pacing back to look out at the approaching drill. "Not for long. To stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the Terra Team."

"That's a good group name, very catchy." Sokka smirks.

General Sung is observing Terra Team from a telescope. "We're doomed!" He flails his arms in a panic when they fail.