The Air Temple

A/N: Edited :3

"Wait till you see it Neva! The Air Temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world!" Aang announces happily.

"Aang, I know you're excited but it's been 100 years since you've been home." I tell him gently stretching in the morning sun.

"That's why I'm so excited!" He responds bubbly.

"It's just....a lot of this can change in all that time." Katara says and I nod.

"Wake up Sokka! Air Temple here we come!" Aang exclaims to a sleeping Sokka.

"Sleep now, temple later." Sokka says rolling over. Aang picks up a stick and prods him awake.

"Great you're up, let's go!" Aang shouts.

Later, We're on Appa and all most to the Air temple.

"Hey! Who ate all my blubbered seal jerky!" Sokka yells from behind me.

"Oh. That was food? I used it to start the campfire last night. Sorry." Aang says sheepishly.

"You! What! Awhhh-no wonder the flames smelt so good!" Sokka whines making me roll my eyes.

"Look the Patola Mountain range we're almost there." Aang cheers and my stomach twists uncomfortably.

"Aang, before we get to the temple, I want to talk to you about the airbenders." I say cautiously.

"What about 'em?"

"Well-" I start looking sadly at my siblings. "I just want you to be prepared for what you might see. The Fire Nation is ruthless. They killed my mother, and they could have done the same to your people."

"Just because no one has seen an airbender, doesn't mean the Fire Nation killed them all. They probably escaped!"

"I know it's hard to accept but-"

"You don't understand, Neva. The only way to get to an airbender temple is on a flying bison, and I doubt the Fire Nation has any flying bison!" He says and I grimace once more. Aang holds onto the reins tightly as Appa rapidly ascends while Katara, whose eyes are closed, and Sokka hold on tightly to my arm and to Appa's fur. Aang looks back for a moment to his passengers. as Appa flies over the rocks and into the sky again. He flies over a last ridge that is covered with trees revealing a beautiful emerald and marble temple.

"There it is

"There it is. The Southern Air Temple." Aang shouts and my mouths falls open in shock.

"Aang it's amazing!" Katara shouts.

We land and slowly begin up the snow covered trail, the stone steps carved beautifully, jutting out of the mountain. Aang races ahead and we walk behind him taking in the sights.

"So, where do I get something to eat?" Sokka asks holding his stomach.

"You're lucky enough to be one of the first outsiders to ever visit an airbender temple, and all you can think about is food?" Katara glares and I chuckle looking around for Aang.