The Firelord , The Avatar and His Guide

A/N: Enjoy this brand new chapter and please comment your thoughts !

I look around at my little family resting around the fire. Sokka hugs his brand new black bladed space sword he made from studying with the sword master Piandao. He had spent some time studying to better become a swordsman finishing his training by making his very own sword out of a meteor we had battled many nights ago. I sit cross legged in meditation with Nimu curled up in my lap. His purring allows me to settle into a deep consciousness that has me levitating off the floor. Suddenly my body becomes icy and my eyes flash blue blinding me from my surroundings. I blink and she's in front of me.

"Gwen." I murmur and she looks down on me.

"Hello child."

"You've shown up." I say sarcastically.

"I have a lesson for you to learn."

"Is he with you?" I say gathering to my feet my fists tightening. "Tell me where he is."

"You must learn about the past in order to protect the future." She says sternly ignoring my desperation. I see the light begin to fade and I go to strike out at her. My hand phases right through her and I land on my hands and knees back at camp with a cry. Everyone sits up and Aang meets my eyes, his softening at the edges. I clamber to my feet and head out into the woods. Alone.

No one speaks to me in the morning as we fly through the sky. Aang, standing on Appa's, bends the elements around the bison to create a cloud, to camouflage. Katara and Sokka look over Appa's saddle for a better look while I sit slumped with my arms crossed.

"There it is. That's Roku's home." Aang shouts. "When Roku visited me in my dream last night he told me I needed to understand his past if I am to save the future."

My head shoots up at the words and I spot the darkened island.

"But, there's nothing here

"But, there's nothing here." Katara says as we land. Toph jumps from Appa's saddle, slamming her feet touch the ground.

"Yes, there is. An entire village, hundreds of houses ... all completely buried in ash." She says sadly and I drop down. My eyes widen in shock.

We hike to the highest point of the island as the sun begins to set. Aang and I walk out on a ledge of burnt rock.

I sit across from Aang cross legged. I levitate very lightly off the ground as we stare into each others eyes. His expression is unreadable, a tornado of emotion. He gives me a small smile before drifting his eyes closed.