Training With Toneri

A/N: here's a brand new chapter ! Ahhh I'm getting close to one of my favourite chapters !!!

I wake early rising to wash away my dreams. I scratch Nimu as we head outside. On the stones is black paint, arrows leading down the road. I follow them , winding down the streets and to a pasture with rolling hills. I climb up the tallest grassy hill under a mossy tree and freeze. A blanket adorned with unlit candles and food lay there.

I glance around looking for him with too much anticipation when I spot him in the trees. His green eyes glowing with energy, his ruffled hair bright against the leaves. His arms folded across his muscular chest.

"Toneri." I say breathlessly. Nimu gives a soft growl springing into the tree. He lays on the branch near his head as Toneri gives him a small scratch. Slowly he drops from the branch landing before me.

"You didn't go with Aang?" He says simply and I nod.

"I was needed here." I say slowly. "there is no other reason."

"I know but I'm still going to pretend you've planned to run away with me." He grins.

"I already practiced with Fen." I say quietly not ready to forgive his rude nature. "I've nearly got the fire manipulation."

"I'm here because I asked to be."

"What-"

"Gwen needed to link you and Aang with the next step in your journey." He explains. "I asked to be here instead."

"Oh." I flush rubbing my arm shyly. Slowly he pulls out an almond dipped in honey in offering. I open my mouth and he presses the sweet treat to my tongue.

"Time to get started." He grins and I lick my lips.
__________

"In order to master the Spirit State, you must open all of the chakras. Nev what do you know about chakras?" He asks and I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"What are chakras?" I ask.

"I guess we'll start with the basics." We walk down a grassy path to a cavern. Water trickles down a set of pools. "The water flows through this creek much like the energy flows through your body. As you see there are several pools where the water swirls around before flowing on. These pools are like our charkas." He says pointing to the water.

"So chakras are pools of spiraling energy in our bodies?"

"Exactly! If nothing else were around, this creek would flow pure and clear. However, life is messy, and things tend to fall in the creek, and then what happens?" He inquires seriously.

"The creek can't flow?" I murmur feeling as if I can hear Aang murmur words in my ear. As if he's right beside me.

"Yes. But if we open the paths between the pools... " He lifts the moss clogging the water with his stick. The water pours quickly into the next pool, and soon all of them are running clean and clear."