The Siege of The Northern Watertribe

A/N: Edited :3

When I open my eyes Aang and I are sitting cross legged on a platform in the middle of a bamboo swamp. A white bird flies by making me duck in fear. Aang helps me up and we jump off the platform. Nimu has joined, his body huge and long despite his smaller mortal size.

"Look at you." I pet his head and he closes his eyes pleased. "You have the will of a lion in there."

"Nevan you're in your spirit state." Aang points and I check my hands. Aang looks the same except he's transparent.

"Where are we?" Aang asks quietly

"I've been here before." I murmur and look around. "We're in the spirit world."

Behind us is a small island. A temple rests on top of the small island. A weird Mystical Monkey creature sits cross legged in the small temple.

"Ohmm... Ohmmmm..." The Mystical Monkey chants. Aang upon hearing the chanting runs up the island to the white haired monkey sitting in meditative pose. He's wearing a brown monk's shawl.

"Hello? We're sorry to disturb you, but we just really need to find the Moon and the Ocean spirits." Aang says to him.

"Go... away." He mutters without opening his eyes. He pauses for a moment, then opens one eye and looks at us. "You're still here?"

"Yes! We need-" He cuts me off.

"Ohmm! Ohmmm!" A blue wisp comes from out of nowhere. "Perhaps that thing will help you? Chase it!"

Aang and I run after it. Aang chases it up a tree and out onto a large branch. He catches it with a huge smile on his face. As he does, the tree branch turns to liquid underneath him and he falls, screaming, to the water below and lands with a splash getting me wet in the process.

"Come back!" Aang yells to the wisp. I spot my reflection in the water surprised to see my spirit form again. I lean in to analyze my strange features as the water ripples revealing a familiar old man.

"Hello, Aang. Nevan."

"Roku!" I exclaim jumping back from his reflection.

"Roku, the Water Tribe is under attack. We need to find the Ocean and Moon spirits!" Aang tells him urgently.

"The Ocean and the Moon are ancient spirits. They crossed over from the Spirit World to the Mortal World very near the beginning. There is only one spirit I know of who is old enough to remember." Roku admits.

"Who?" I ask curiously.

"The spirit's name is Koh. But he is very dangerous. They call him... the Face Stealer." He says gravely. 

Great.

"When you both speak with him you must be very careful to show no emotion at all - not the slightest expression or he will steal your face!" He warns and we share a concerned look.