The Crossroads of Destiny

A/N: Edited :3

This is always one of my favourite chapters to go over !

I hope you enjoy !

I'm thrown into a long tunnel and tumble into a large crystal cavern. After many failed attempts to break out I settle into a lotus position. I close my eyes and imagine Toneri I front of me. His hand touching the crown of my head whispering about Chakras. I feel my body pull forward as I'm thrusted into Aangs mind, a humble viewer.

"The thought Chakra deals with pure cosmic energy and is blocked by earthly attachment. Meditate on what attaches you to this world."

In Aang's mind, I see Katara practicing graceful waterbending moves, then leaning against a tree in an alluring pose. I see my face as I giggle and spin as we spar. I see my eyes flutter taking him deeper into thought. I see our kisses  flashing across the sky. I see Katara holding Aangs centre.

My turn.

I focus and see my siblings in the boat bickering, my dad reaching his big hand out to hold my little one. Aang holding my hand like he won't let go. Toneri kissing my throat and face , his taunting laugh filling my ears. I see Toneri when we met, sitting on the ice bridge in the Northern village, the wind in his hair.

"Now, let all of those attachments go. Let them flow down the river. Forgotten."

At these final words, Aang is abruptly drawn from his vision and I along with him.

"What? Why would I let go of Katara? How could I let go of Nevan? I...I..I love them. " He says and my head spins.

"Learn to let them go, or you cannot let the pure cosmic energy flow in from the universe."

Aang breathes and closes his eyes bringing me back to an unearthly realm. I watch as our faces appear smiling and flushing before drifting far away. I breathe out and let each one of my beloveds images drop far out of reach. When I open again I am on a purple road staring into Aangs eyes.

"Neva." He murmurs and I smile my throat stopping me from speaking. I raise my hand at him before looking behind him.

I look behind me and find a similar shadow

I look behind me and find a similar shadow. Our states spin wildly waiting for the other to turn. I give a nod and we walk towards our respective orbs. Standing within I feel the energy surge through me, death itself feels stoppable. The moment is shaken when I hear screaming.  Unearthly screaming. Below is me. Thrashing in the arms of Azula as she burns my arm joyously. Screaming as she drags me down the halls towards my current cage. Crying for help, crying out for Aang. I watch as his expression breaks watching the vision. He doesn't know I'm here. He doesn't know I'm real. I open my mouth to tell him to stay but no sound comes out. I watch hopelessly as he breaks form his orb and races for me. His arm outstretched in horror as he tries to reach me, the floor falling out beneath his feet breaking our connections and sending us falling back to Earth.