The Deserter

A/N: new new new new so much new!!

Nevan learns more about her connection to the spirits and the power it provides , Aang learns something new too!

Enjoy the chapter and keep reading the revamp :3

Keep reading lovelies xo

It seems to be late afternoon when we're finally done packing our camp up.

"Oh I hate flying at night." I grumble and Aang rests a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay Nev, Appas got great vision, don't you buddy?" He turns to our friend who gives a low unconvincing groans.

Suddenly Nimu chases after Momo, he's getting into his rebellious years apparently. I chase after them when Momo rests on a circular notice board. I lean in and Katara follows suit to inspect it.

"The Fire Days Festival." Aang grins when joining me. He points at the flyer with a huge grin. "Fire Nation cultural exhibits...jugglers, benders, magicians. This'd be a great place for me to study some real firebenders!"

"You might wanna rethink that. Look at this." I say as my siblings join. I point to the flyer from its place where the colours reveal a massive wanted poster of Aang. On the lower right is a wanted poster for the Blue Spirit. On the right is a wanted poster for a white haired man.

"Hey, a poster of me!" Aang smiles and I fight a smile at his excitement.

"A wanted poster. This is bad." Sokka says before I can respond. Aang takes the poster off the board as Katara comes and looks at it as well.

"I think we better keep moving."

"I have to learn firebending at some point, and this could be my only chance to watch a master up close." Aang says and I cross my arms unsure.

"I guess we could check it out."

"What!? You want to walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired up with all their, you know, fire?" Sokka yells and I ponder.

"We can wear disguises and if it looks like trouble, we can leave." I say agreeing with Aang and Katara.

"Yeah, because we always leave before we get into trouble." Sokka groans.

We trip through the short forest until we've come out on a slight hill. In the distance, the walled Fire Nation town can be seen, quaint against the dusk sky. It was odd how a town in an enemy nation could look so beautiful when painted in the festive colours of oranges and pinks, drawing the last drips of colour from the sky into the town.

"You guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival." Aang says resting Nimu next to Momo on Appas back. "No fighting you two! Okay! Ready disguises."

Me and my siblings all pull dark cloaks over our heads. I turn to Aang, who has pulled his orange robes up as a hood and over the top of his head in a completely ineffective attempt to change his appearance. He sees us staring and grins in some embarrassment.

" It's like you're a whole different person." Sokka says dryly and I giggle.

"Let's go!"

We head down the hill and toward the village streets. It's main square, is full of people. Overhead, the sky is filled with colorful fireworks and lost balloons and I look up in amazement. Around us children frolic, revelers run by in ornate costumes, including several people almost completely concealed in a ornate dragon outfit, and all participants were wearing colorful masks.

"I think we need some new disguises." I say looking at all the festive costumes.

"Where are we gonna get masks like that?" Sokka asks sceptically.