Imprisoned

A/N: Another new chapter ! Keep reading lovelies :*
*
*

We're camped out under a forest canopy. Aang and Katara are sitting on a natural stone patio. A noisy little stream exits the ground from underneath the stone ledge that I wash my face in. Katara is folding her sleeping bag while Aang lies back in the exposed roots of an overturned tree. Sokka begins walking up the stream path. He is holding a sack.

"Great, you're back! What's for dinner?" Aang cheers.

"We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval shaped nuts, and some rock shaped nuts that... might just be rocks. Dig in!" Sokka empties the bag on the ground and I frown. He proceeds to throw one of the nuts that might be a rock over his shoulder. It lands near Momo. Aang and Katara look at each other then back at Sokka

"Seriously, what else ya got?" I say leaning to the side with a frown. Momo, eyeing the nut like object with suspicion chitters and picks it up. He taps it on a nearby stone to no effect. The he cocks back and raps it hard on the stone. At that moment, a huge, startling noise disrupts the forest's calm serenity. We all look up as the birds soar into the sky with fright.

"What was that!?" Sokka asks as Momo looks befuddled over at Sokka. He turns to look back at the nut like object in his hand. He blinks twice before he drops the nut onto the stone and another huge sound echoes through the forest, startling Momo again. He jumps with a shriek and lands on my shoulder quivering.

"It's coming from over there!" Aang shouts pointing. We rush off in the direction of the noise, leaving Sokka waving his arms at them.

"Shouldn't we run away from huge booms – not toward them?" He calls from behind us.

We reach a fallen tree at the edge of the forest behind which we crouch looking out to the valley that was once a river. The river has been reduced to a small stream. A young earthbender is practicing his art in the river bed, and we watch him move around a huge boulder.

"He's an earthbender!" Katara announces.

"Let's go meet him!" I stand.

"He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously." Sokka says as I spring forward ignoring his warning.

"Hello there, I'm Nevan! What's your name?"

The young earthbender looks over at me in surprise,

drops his rock and runs back down the river bed. As he runs, he earthbends a load of rock into the riverbed, blocking pursuit.

 As he runs, he earthbends a load of rock into the riverbed, blocking pursuit