hello. (SFW) - (p1)

this one has mixed pov's.

!!THIS CHAPTER IS FLUFF BUT THE CONTINUATION (p2) WILL BE A SMUT.!! (read authors note)

(thank you to the person that suggested this)

After the Casa de Madrigal  had fallen, the villagers of the Encanto had all come to help the Madrigal family rebuild their home as a thanks for helping and benefitting their community all these years.

Including you.

As you shuffled around in the rubble of casita collecting stray pieces of furniture, you felt eyes on you. Watching you. You turned, only to see no one.

BRUNOS POV.

My heart pounded as I crawled behind a half-fallen wall of the casita. Then I suddenly bumped into a pair of legs, pushing a blue skirt out of my face as I stood up. "Uhh tio Bruno..?" Mirabel looked at me with a confused face. 

I saw.. her, a woman- looking to where I'd been as she slowly turned to where I was now visibly standing. "Tío Bruno why were you on the gr- AH" I pulled Mirabel to the ground, hiding both of us. "Ah no- well no reason its just comfy down.. here." I picked up a small rock from under my knee, flicking it away.

"Erm, sure." She noticed my flushed face, anxiously biting at my own cheek. I saw her eyebrows furrow as she turned, peeping over the wall toward where the woman stood. I saw Mirabel's puzzled expression turn to one of surprise, morphing into a grin.

"Tío Bruno, do you have a... crush?" she watched my eyes widen, desperately darting around to find an excuse. I eventually just sighed, giving into my nieces question.

 "Yep- I mean yes, yes. I've seen her around, from the windows of casita.. She always goes for walks in the night and- I dunno I just feel I have a connection to her." I avoided Mirabel's eyes as I made my confession, feeling my cheeks get hot.

I'd never been with anyone romantically, not only because of my 10 year seclusion but even before then. It never interested me.. until now.

"Well, tío, the only way to get a ladies attention is to uh.. let her know you exist and not just stare-at-her-through-a-window in the middle of the night." Mirabel nodded at me in excitement as she spoke.

I shook my head no as she grabbed my shoulders, pulling me up into the open with her. I saw the woman, immediately turning around so that my back was facing her.

"Mirabel- no."

She tsked, shaking her head as she turned me around. "GO." And with that she pushed me into the casita's rubble, only a few feet away from the woman that had caught my eye. 

YOUR POV.

"GO." was heard from behind me, followed by a grunt and some thumbling sounds, and that with a clearing of a throat. I turned towards the sound.

The sight in front of me was confusing; what appeared to be Bruno Madrigal, the man missing for 10 years with.. his poncho-hood over his eyes, standing in a power stance..?

I looked over his shoulder, seeing his niece Maribel face palming. I cocked an eyebrow to her, making her shrug, it appeared she was just as confused as I was.

"I am Hernando, hello." he declared. "Em, hello..  Hernando.." I smiled awkwardly, confused as to why the Madrigal man was acting in this.. way.

After a small pause, he brought the hood down sheepishly, chuckling in an awkward manner. 

"I'm uh- sorry I just- I used to say my real gift was "aCtInG" heh.." I  smiled at his gauche attempt at comedy. It was kind of cute.

"Mm, I'm Y/N." I held out for a handshake, watching him hesitate before he returned the action with a smile. "I'm Bruno- Madrigal, of course. You've probably heard of me as the uh- goldfish killing bearer of bad fortune but I promise I'm not that bad."

This made you chuckle, it was true that you'd heard some odd things about him the last few years but now as he stood in front of you it was hard to believe they were about the same man.

He looked at you for a moment, it seemed he lost track of himself for a second before he quickly turned to Mirabel. She gave him a quick thumbs up before making eye contact with you, causing her to act as if she was dusting her dress of something.

He turned, facing you again. "So I was going to- I was going to go down to the river later on to see the stars, I haven't really been able to freely roam around for a.. a while you know?"

 he cleared his throat after a second. "Would you maybe come with.. me?"

You stilled for a moment, looking at his eyes.. they were a dark green, and they fit his face.  You leant in to tuck a stray curl of hair behind his ear, chuckling. 

"Sure, Bruno." and with that, you agreed to meet by the river at sunset.

-----

part 2 will be smutty, I just wanted to make the fluff separate incase someone just wanted to read this part

part 2 will be out v v soon in like an hour or less