stuck. (18+)

bruno hands ☮︎ <3

casita decides to play matchmaker, ending up with you and bruno being locked in a room together 🕵🏻‍♀️

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like that."

Bruno laughed, my stand-offish attitude didn't phase him.

"Mi querida, you'll learn to like me soon."

We'd been looking for one of the village children some hours ago, both of us happening to look in the same room of the casita. We'd concluded pretty quickly that she wasn't in there-

also finding out the door was refusing to open.

I'd already pleaded with the magical house but to no avail. We were stuck. For 2 consecutive hours.

Maybe it wasn't that bad- I was even warming up to the man I'd promised to stay away from since I was 15 years old.

Since we were 15 years old.

Bruno had been a high school crush of mine, not that he knew at the time. My friends weren't happy when they found out- and in the desperate teenage effort to maintain my "reputation", I'd discarded him.

Ever since then I'd been avoiding him- until now of course. You never know how these Madrigal gifting ceremonies will go.

Today was the one of little Luisa, currently the second youngest out of the Madrigal children- right after 4-month-old Camilo.

One of the other children had been scared off by the fireworks exploding, running away crying

Of course, we'd all scrambled to look for her considering she was only 6 but it was very clear that I and Bruno weren't going to be much help at the moment.

"How longs it been now..?" I dragged out my words, tiredly looking back over to the man in green.

"About 2 hours and 13 minutes." he scoffed, kicking a pebble on the floor as I lay on a guest bed with my face toward the ceiling.

"How'd you keep track?" I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at a weird spot of paint on the blank wall above me.

"What?" he turned to me confused. I pushed myself up with my arms, looking at him. "How did you keep track of the time?" I asked again. How stupid is he?

He paused, glancing at the wall.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

He slowly pointed to the wooden clock, his confusion turning into a grin. Well fuck, now I look like the stupid one. He began airlessly laughing, turning his point towards me.

"Oh- oh my god. You're so-" It wasn't that funny.

Okay maybe a bit, considering I hadn't noticed the clock for a whole 2 hours.

And 13 minutes.

I groaned, covering my eyes with my palms as I let myself drop back down onto the bed.

It was getting late already- and it seemed like nobody was coming to get us. Fuck my life.

I felt the weight of the bed shift, as he crawled over to me.

"What are you doing Bruno?" I peeked through a gap in my fingers, looking at the man. Then he poked my leg.

That stupid grin plastered his face, as he poked me again.

"Stop."

Poke.

"Bruno-"

Poke.