ambivalence. (18+) - 𝗽𝟭

this is an enemies to lovers two-parter, p2 will be up tomorrow :) 

AS USUAL PART 2 IS SMUT

enjoy

He was such a dick.

Bruno just always had to be a jerk. I never got a break from it- not for the 4 years I'd known him at least.

I can't even put my finger on what started this conflict between us, but I can attest to the fact that he is irrevocably a pest.

This was proven by how he was standing in front of me- blocking me from entering the shoe store.

"Move."

"I don't think I will. Why do you need to go in here anyway? You're wearing shoes." Bruno rested against the door frame, gesturing to my feet.

I scoffed, shoving past the small gap he left for me to pass him.

As I stepped foot into the shop, I felt my other heel miss the ground, being caught on something. With a loud yelp, I fell toward the floor.

When I was just inches away from face planting into the hardwood floorboards, a rough hand caught me by my shoulder.

The Madrigal snickered loudly as he pulled me to my feet.

"Really Bruno-? One of these days you're going to pull a trick on me and it won't go well. I'll have my brothers on you." I spat my words, not bothering to turn to him as I just made my way through the tall shelves of the store.

Boxes with small printed pictures of shoes sat on each wooden shelf, size charts and all.

I was looking for a new pair of heels- ones I could wear for my friend Pepa's birthday. Well, It was also Julieta's birthday.

And.. Bruno's.

Damn you, triplets.

With my frustrated concentration, I'd failed to recognise his footsteps following me as I navigated the shop.

"Alrighty y/n, what pair of stompers are we thinkin' of?" he grabbed an extremely high pair of green neon heels from the shelf, shoving them up to my face.

I quickly pushed his hands away with a groan. "Stop."

"Well, seeing as you're coming to my birthday, I should help you choose." he smiled proudly, running up ahead of me.

"You want me to wear...those?" I grimaced, flailing a finger and the not-so-appealing pair of shoes.

Bruno glanced down at his hands, a similar expression quickly forming on his face as he set the heels down on the wrong shelf.

"Yes- no- but I can still help." He put his hands up defensively, eyes trained on mine.

I broke a small smirk, rolling my eyes as I kept walking.

After a short while of walking around and picking up shoes, I found a rather pretty pair.

They were a wine red, with a medium heel. They didn't look particularly special, but they were very nice to look at nonetheless. Just perfect for a friend's birthday.

I picked up the heels, making my way over to a small stool so that I could try them on.

Bruno noticed my actions, slumping over to me.

"You find some?" he gave an unimpressed look, scanning over my dismissing nod. "I thought I would pick them out."

"Well, I found these before you did so tough luck."

I got the shoes on, finally standing up to see myself in the mirror. Bruno just sat himself down on the stool I'd just been on, arms crossed as he watched me.

"T-they don't look half bad you know." he muttered quietly. I assumed he was trying to prevent me from hearing, but the sudden silence that fell on the store from the lack of people only made them echo.

"I guess not." I gave a satisfied hum, kicking the shoes off and plopping them back into their box. 

As I began to walk to the cashier, I heard a clearing of a throat.

"I'll buy them."

And he did.

Bruno Madrigal paid for the shoes I would wear to his birthday.

I guess he thought I looked pretty in them. I'll just have to wait and see what he thinks of the rest of my outfit...

---

part 2 posted tomorrow, will be smutty

sorry I've been gone for a few days, many things have been happening- I'm engaged now! 

much love to all of you<3