yandere. (18+)

i do not have an authors note, just enjoy lol

I hadn't heard from my boyfriend in a few days now. He was a fisherman, so I just figured that he went on a trip for the week and just forgot to tell me.

He was an adult man, he didn't need my permission to go places.

Besides, this did give me more time to spend with my best friend Bruno. I'd been meeting up with him every day now, and he'd always take me someplace new.

Whether that was the markets, exploring the forest, the lakeside- we always had fun.

Today, I was going to be visiting his house! He wanted to show me his room in the magical casa Madrigal.

I was quite excited for this, seeing as I'd never actually visited the house despite living in the Encanto for the entirety of my existence.

Not only that, but I had also found myself growing... feelings... for Bruno. I did feel bad, considering I already had a boyfriend- but we'd only been dating a short time.

I could always leave him for... No.

None of that.

Just go see your friend, and come back home faithful as ever. Easy.

That takes me to where I am now, standing in front of the casita. With one deep breath in, I knocked.

The wood thudded underneath my knuckles, the tiles around me instantly jumping up and scooping me into their clutch.

I yelped as the house carried me inside, right up into the kitchen.

I crashed into a warm wall of cloth, arms wrapping around the person's torso as I attempted to steady myself.

"Sorry-" I stood up straight, finally facing my crashmat human. My worried expression quickly softened when I was met with Bruno's stupid grin.

"Finally fell for me, y/n?"

I gave a playful punch, earning a snicker from the man.

"So, what's your plan for me today." I leant against the table, observing the kitchen.

It was decorated quite nicely, and a family portrait sat on the wall to show each member of the Madrigals.

"You, hermosa, get to see my bedroom." He looked quite proud, so I offered up a minute slow-clap. "Wow. Can't wait."

He tsked, grabbing my hand as he guided me out of the kitchen.

We went up the stairs to a small tower, being greeted by a glowing door. It was beautiful, golden lines running through a careful carving of Bruno's name and face.

"Woah." I stared at the sight in front of me, not having long to take it all in before I was dragged inside.

As the door slammed shut, a group of rats scattered about the room, some coming to greet Bruno at his feet.

"Ah, yes- hello. I brought a visitor today." he chuckled, picking up a few of them as they squeaked.

I wasn't fazed- I'd seen him interact with his rats before. Bruno was very protective of things he considered "his", and the rats were no exception. He always spoke of them fondly, quickly shutting down anyone that did the opposite.

It's not like I minded, rats are cleaner than what people make them out to be.

He shuffled closer to me, handing me one of his rodent friends. I gladly took him into my palm, petting his silky fur as Bruno and I made our way over to his bed.