prophecy. (18+)

art by @BienneCheif on twitter, once again cropped so that wattpad doesn't flag me 😃

I ACCIDENTALLY PUBLISHED THIS WHEN IT WASNT DONE YET IM SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT READ IT HALFWAY AND THEN JUST WERE MET WITH NO ENDING 💀💀
just scroll down to where it came to an abrupt end i havent changed anything from before ldmoqdvwggs

I knocked on Bruno's bedroom door, catching my breath after I'd just made the trek up that godforsaken staircase.

Every time I have visited my childhood friend, these stairs have been an inconvenience.

Soon enough, a curly-haired man greeted me with an opening of the door.

"Y/n? I Didn't think you'd be this early." he gave a confused smile, opening the door wide enough for me to walk in.

"It's 9 pm, Bruno." I stifled a laugh as I strutted inside, making myself comfortable on the small couch that he had placed near his bed.

He shut the door with a shrug, walking over to me before sitting down on the opposite end of the plush surface.

"So, what's the 'deal' of today?" he asked nonchalantly, picking up one of his rats. I gave him a grin, prepping myself to tell him everything.

I went on about how me and my friend had found out that her sister's boyfriend had cheated on her, but he'd cheated on her with our other friendwhowasthenalsocheatingonherboyfri-

I choked on my words, Bruno's expression being one of amusement.

"That sounds exciting y/n." he shook his head, placing the rat back down on the ground. I nodded vigorously, legs in a crossed position now.

"What about you?" I wanted to hear how his day went, doubting it was as exciting as mine.

"Same old; did a few visions, had dinner with my family, yadayada..." He hummed, fixing his position to match mine.

My eyes lit up, an idea springing to my head.

"Could you do a vision on me? Well, I mean for me but you know what I'm talking about."

He stilled, eyes meeting mine as he pondered.

Shrugging, he nodded. I smiled, propping myself up and practically flying over to his sandpit. He followed me, but with less enthusiasm- understandably.

We'd done visions together before- well, with me as a witness anyway- but I'd never had a vision for my own sake.

This was odd, considering I'd met the Madrigal when we were just 13 years old. There had been over a decade's worth of opportunities to ask him for this small favour, but I never had.

Until now, that is.

He'd set up the familiar piles of leaves, quickly setting them alight with a match. I offered him my hands, making him smile.

I knew the drill here.

His warm hands were placed in mine, a vibration going through my core like it did every time his skin brushed against mine. This was a feeling I was accustomed to.

He closed his eyes, opening them again just seconds later. A familiar whirring of sand vaulted around us, his irises glowing a vibrant green.

I watched as the man's gaze darted somewhere behind my head, an expression of fluster crowding his features.

Oh, the vision must be forming behind me.

I went to turn my head, but a hand was quite promptly slapped over my eyes before I could.