years. (SFW)

mixed povs including 3rd(haven't used in this book before and thought it would be fun to play around with perspective)

some fluff for an in-betweener, more smut v soon-   

Bruno being a dad moment :)

Y/n and Bruno had been happily married for a decade now, bringing two children into the Madrigal family. With them came two new magical blessings;

A child named Cecile was their firstborn, now being a fair age of 9- she was conceived on their wedding night. Or maybe a few weeks before, then but that's not important.

Cecile harnessed the gift of great fortune, turning whatever she wished into solid blocks of gold. She would help those in debt and those who could not help themselves. It was a blessing.

Their second-born, Naomi on the other hand, was only 6. She'd beared her gift for a year and 3 months already but it was apparent she'd not come to terms with it yet.

Naomi could read minds, being overtaken by powerful hallucinations that showed people's thoughts at random. It was draining for someone who'd just freshly ranked up from being a toddler.

Bruno understood this feeling of overwhelming responsibility, and so he took it upon himself to help his daughter overcome the fear of her gift.

-

"Naomi mi vida, you just need to learn how to use your gift to help others. It may take time but I promise it will happen." Bruno held our daughter in his arms as they sat on the top step of the staircase.

Our eldest sat on the other side of him, chin pressed to his left shoulder.

I wasn't far, being sat just on the other end of the wooden plank with my back pressed against the railing.

 I smiled at the scene, it was so nice seeing Bruno be so gentle with our kids.

I always knew he would make a great dad.

"You promise? Did you have a vision papa?" Naomi lifted her head from her father's chest, looking into his comforting gaze.

Bruno sighed. "No mi vida, I don't do visions on family members anymore." he smiled into his words.

It was true, he wouldn't use his family as the subject in his visions anymore considering all that went wrong whenever he did.

The last time was when he saw that he would meet me, all those years ago. Probably one of 4 times his gift had ever worked in his favour.

 Now he wouldn't dare.

Naomi sighed, nodding in understanding. 

"Y/n, mi querida?" He spoke, looking over to me as he rubbed gentle circles to our youngest's back.

"Si, amor?" I beamed at my husband, my eyes meeting his. God, every time I looked at this man I just felt so in love, so warm. 

"Come closer hermosa, don't be sat all the way over there." he chuckled, nodding his head as to signal me to scoot over.

I giggled, moving closer to him. I pressed my head to his shoulder, relaxing. 

The rain clicked gently on the tiles above us, falling into the opening in the middle of the casita with ease. Pepa was sleeping at this moment, so she had no control of the weather- despite all it wasn't an angry rain, but mellow and lax. 

Just nice.

I'm so happy in this place right now, I wish I could stay here forever. My husband and two amazing daughters, here in our home.

I look down at Naomi, who was already watching my face. She had knowing look, paired with the faint amber glow of her eyes.

"Papa, I think you make mama very happy."

I guess her dad's talk had helped.

---

ikik lots of sfw lately but another smut will be out tonight 💀