stoned. (SFW)

1st person

getting high w hot madrigal man

This is essentially chapter 5 of my other book but with a few minor edits to match better with the 'one-shots' concept of this one. 

If you wanted to see the alternative/extended version of this chapter, I recommend looking at my other book for it.

also this ones gender neutral, I tried avoiding any gendered terms

!!CONTAINS HEAVY MENTIONS OF DRUG USAGE EG. MARIJUANA.!!

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, y/n amor I do this all the time."

It had been a week since me and and Bruno had officially (originally just seeing each other) began our relationship. It's been the happiest week of my life, getting to know his family, seeing how he interacts with them-

And currently I'm being shown how he spends his free time on the roof of the casita.

I think the only thought in my mind at this moment is 'What have I agreed to.'

Bruno placed rolled up piece of paper into my mouth- he calls it a 'spliff.'

"Try not to get the end wet, just keep it on your lips amor." He instructed me as he dug a match out of his pocket. I nodded, watching his movements with excitement.

"Okay keep still.." his eyebrows furrowed with concentration as he flicked the match alight, bringing it to the blunt in my mouth.

I crossed my eyes, attempting to see what he was doing. He chuckled at my facial expression, putting the match out with a flick of his wrist.

He sat next to me, shifting on the tiles. The moon was bright tonight.

"Amor, put your hand here.." he guided my fingers to hold the thing. "Deep breath, carefully." he smirked as I obliged.

It felt fine at first, but that quickly ended. I took the blunt out of my mouth, coughing vigorously into the bend of my arm.

"Oh god, ew." I grimaced at the new feeling, forehead furrowing as I stuck my tongue out. Bruno laughed, grabbing the spliff from my hands.

"I did say carefully-" He laughed at me, before I jokingly smacked his arm.

His grin didn't falter.

I moved closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder. His curls brushed over the top of my head, settling as he relaxed into my touch.

It was so silent, the only sounds being that of crickets buzzing and Bruno taking a drag out of the marijuana.

The funny smell filled the air, attaching itself to my clothes. "Try again?" Bruno looked down at my resting figure, bringing the rollie to my mouth.

I nodded with a stifled laugh, taking another puff.

This time it went a bit smoother- other than a small cough that exited my mouth. I could feel the smoke go down my throat, lingering for a moment before a cloud emerged from between my teeth.

"When does it, you know- 'kick in?'" He brought it back to his own mouth as I spoke. "Soon, only a few minutes." He took another hit, exhaling into the mellow night's air.

"I think I can already feel it." I anxiously held my elbows with opposite hands, eyes widening. Bruno just chuckled.

"Not yet amor, your tolerance is definitely not as high as mine but it's been like 30 seconds."

I giggled slightly, this was true. Bruno had been doing this for a number of years now- he got lonely in the walls, you know? And those telenovelas weren't going to get him very far.

A few puffs later, along with a few minutes later, I could confirm that the weed was in fact taking an effect of me now.

I felt calm, watching the stars change sizes every few seconds. "Whatcha thinkin' about?" he asked me, a small cloud of smoke floating around in our vicinity.

"It's all so big." I gazed into the sky, a small smile creeping onto my face.

Bruno put a hand onto my cheek, lifting my face up towards him. "Your pupils certainly are." He stifled a laugh, watching my slightly loopy expression. I grinned at my boyfriend.

Was he always this pretty? I need to tell him.

"Bruno you're so hot." Okay, that didn't exactly come out how it was supposed to- it's true though.

His grin now matched mine. "And you, y/n, are the most gorgeous being I've laid my eyes on." My heart just about melted as I pressed my cheek into his hand.

He leaned forward, giving my forehead a soft kiss. My eyes stung, but the feeling was washed out by everything around me becoming blurrier, larger- more colourful.

It felt like our bodies were dissolving into one as he held me, my head dropping to his chest.

I felt my fingers intertwine with his, a warm palm against mine.

His other hand was in my hair, fiddling with it between his fingers as he looked out to the village. He carefully balanced the cig between his fingers, as to not drop any ash on my head.

The air was getting colder, but his body was warm enough to keep me from freezing. I pressed myself closer to him, a slight scent of wet sand emitted from his poncho. 

It was comforting.

"I hope we get married." I sighed dramatically, earning a chuckle from my significant other.

"Maybe one day amor." he held me gently, pulling another drag out of the blunt. 

But Bruno knew it wasn't a maybe- he knew the outcome, he did tell me he had a vision of our future before we even met.

Not that he'd spoil the ending for me.

I was drifting off to sleep, so peaceful.. I shut my eyes.

"I'm so glad I met you." I mumbled into his chest, letting myself fully relax into his arms.

"And I'm glad I met you, amor."

I let myself drift away, out like a light.

---

I literally loved writing this- so fun to imagine

go look at my other book for the extended version of this chapter, it does bend out into a fully formed story when linked with the other chapters

also were almost at 40k reads which is insane, thank you

ur in for a bit of a treat today as I have another chapter coming out in the next couple hours