discovery. (18+)

i wrote this at 3am so alot of edits will be made tomorrow lmfjiahdbs

you find bruno in the walls, puffpuffpass🍃, you fuck
😫
ez

I had moved to the Encanto just 2 days ago when I found myself wandering the village looking for a pharmacy.

I always got killer headaches and was on the search for a remedy.

I had nothing in my cupboards- or kitchen at all for that matter so the only logical choice of action was to venture out.

I had instead stumbled into Julieta Madrigal- one of the members of the magical family I'd been told so many stories about.

She'd given me a small supply of healing snacks, also inviting me over for dinner so that I could be properly welcome into the Encanto.

I happily accepted, of course. She was kind enough to help me, so the least I could do was show some gratitude by meeting her family.

That brings me to where I am now, sitting at the table in their dining room.

The whole house seemed to be alive, not only with people but just in itself as well.

How strange.

I was seated with a peculiar assortment of individuals. The Madrigal family.

We chatted for a while, eating food and laughing.

I got on quite well with the bunch, finding myself relating with Pepa and Julieta as we were similar in age.

The kids were nice too, excitedly telling me all the shenanigans I am to expect while living here.

All was well.

-

After the meal, I offered to help Julieta wash up. She was reluctant at first, telling me how I was a guest and shouldn't wash my own plate.

I didn't mind though, just picking up a few dishes and hauling them over to the sink.

Hey, if I was going to come to her house and eat all their (delicious) food, I might as well not leave a mess behind.

Julieta tsked, joining me at the sink as I turned the tap on.

"The family likes you." she hummed, drying off a fork.

"Really-? Alma didn't seem too interested in me."

The woman giggled, picking up another piece of silverware as I did the same.

"She's just acting tough to seem like a big-shot. She will warm up to you."

I smiled at her words, scrubbing soap onto a ceramic plate.

"Tía-! Camilo won't stop snapping his fingers in my ear-!" A strangled shout delivered by the voice of Dolores came from the other room, catching Julieta's attention.

"Ay mijo- excuse me for a moment y/n." She gave an apologetic look, waving me off before she ran towards the sound.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I dried off one last plate.

It fell silent, the moonlight shining in through the gaps of the windows.

So peaceful.

I looked around, spotting a picture of the family tree.

Humming, I walked over. It was gorgeously painted- each member having a spot on the canvas.

There was one I did not recognise, he wasn't at dinner.