(Avengers Arc) Part 1

In the school science lab, a teacher in a lab coat and safety goggles is in the middle of a discussion about mixing chemical compounds, as shown by a graphical representation of two chemical compounds mixing.

Teacher: "Now remember class, be sure to add the compounds slowly. Even a slight miscalculation may result in a deadly chemical reaction"

Y/n: *mutter* "Oh please, try to fail to mix high-grade Alchemax chemicals and have it combust in your face"

Y/n groans to himself as he slouches back into his chair before turning to his seatmate Peter, who was analyzing a chemical compound from Y/n's formula and see it reacting to his blood.

Y/n: "How's the ol' research going?"

Peter: "It's amazing! Your blood seems to break the compounds down to their molecular level. What's strange is that it's reacting to your blood like it's a radioactive material"

Y/n: *mutter* "Radioactive blood? That could be a good line in a theme song"

Y/n: "If it helps, I was bitten by a radioactive spider. It also caused my DNA to be altered so there's that"

Peter: "It seems that way..."

Y/n: "Speaking of DNA, you don't think adding my blood to the formula might have side-effects, like say...having the same abilities as me?"

Peter: "As far as I could say? No, the chemical formula alone can rearrange the DNA of a human, so with your already altered blood it neutralizes the DNA altering part of the compound"

Y/n: "Oh thank god, I mean could you imagine what it would be like if all of Manhattan have powers just like me?"

Peter: "Manhattan would be a circus fest of Spider-men"

Y/n: "I know! Man I would never want that to happen"

The school bell rings, signifying the end of their classes. They, along with their classmates, packed up their bags and arranged all of the equipment at their assigned table before exiting the lab.

Teacher: "Oh and a reminder to all students who haven't submitted their form application for Career Day, it starts in the next few weeks!"

Peter: "So what are you gonna sign up to for career day?"

Y/n: "Same thing as last time, Police. I'd already submitted my form to the Police station to shadow Captain Stacy, per usual"

Peter: "You sure that's a good idea?"

The two reached their lockers and swap out their books for the next period

Y/n: "Sure it is if I want anyone to shadow. Why not the Police captain?"

Peter: "Well, I figured since...you know with-"

MJ: "Hey!" 

Y/n and Peter look over to see MJ with Gwen and Miles

Y/n: "Feeling impatient to just meet us at the cafeteria?"

MJ: "Not exactly, but since we're all here we could walk together"

She took her spot beside Peter and began leading the group with him by her side as Gwen, Miles, and Y/n walk by the back and let the two have a moment with Y/n snickering at his best friend's slight fluster.

MJ: "So what are you guys gonna do in career day? Figure out who you'll be shadowing?"

Miles: "I'd just be strolling around Brooklyn with my Dad"

MJ: "Oh, you're Dad's a Cop, right?"

Miles: "That he is"

MJ: "What about you Gwen?"