(Part Man, Part Spider, All Cop arc) Part 4

And now, here I am. Standing in front of an enraged Police Captain who just happens to be my Shadow partner, George looks at me with anger in his eyes as I see a vein on his forehead threatening to pop.

Y/n: "Now, I know this looks bad..."

George: "What...did I say?"

Y/n: "I...I was ordered to"

George: "-Stay put! And what did you do?"

Y/n: "But the goons are already making a move, If I hadn't gotten here they might've gotten away along with all of their plans"

George: "You could've gotten hurt!"

Y/n: "Well, technically I wasn't the first one here. Spider-man was and he's the one to beat those guys up I just snuck by and apprehend these guys so-"

George: "Enough! Go home"

Y/n: "Wait, what?"

George: "If you can't even follow simple orders then you're a liability in the field"

Y/n: "But you can't do this!"

George: "I can and I will, I'm stopping the Job Shadowing early. Go home, Y/n"

Y/n: "Geor-"

George: "GO HOME!"

Defeated, I decided to drop the conversation and walk out of the room. I saw Yuri walk into the hallway and go to greet me but I kept walking, confusing her.

Yuri: "Sir, May I ask? What did you tell him"

George: "Something I should've done a few hours ago"

I continued to walk out of the warehouse, seeing more cops packing up the weapon caches fisk have and loading them up on a truck. I stepped out of the warehouse and went for a walk along the sidewalk to wherever.

I hang my head low as I walk past several street lamps. listening to the sound of cars driving by as I continue on my journey to who knows where. I soon stopped and looked up to see the sun had finally set and the moon starts to rise in its place.

Feeling a slight cold breeze, I look around to find a place to keep warm until I landed my sights on a coffee shop. Seeing no other place to warm up for a bit, I made my way to the coffee shop and immediately met with the nice aroma of roasted coffee beans.

I look around to see the coffee shop and admired its retro-like feel, wooden floors, decorated with amazing flowers and vines that make it feel nostalgic in a way. I noticed in the coffee shop there were a few people inside, either just getting off work or having a nice place to study or relax.

???: "How can I help you, young man?"

I look over to the voice and see an elderly man with white hair and mustache along with aviator sunglasses and a barista uniform.

Y/n: "Hmm? Oh, can I just get hot chocolate"

Barista: "Coming right up"

I then went towards the counter and wait for my order. I leaned back on the counter and let out an exhausted sigh, catching the barista's attention.

Barista: "Bad day?"

Y/n: "Something like that"

Barista: "Well, your chocolate isn't gonna be ready until a few more minutes. So why don't we talk about the thing that's keeping you down?"

Y/n: "Well...Where do I begin?"

I shared every event that happened during the day, apart from my life as Spider-man. I finished with an exhausted sigh as the Barista poured my hot chocolate into the coffee cup and hands it over to me.