(Identity crisis arc) Part 7

As the people continued walking, minding their own business, Y/n is seen face to face with Steve who wore a more relaxed civilian outfit along with a baseball cap and a pair of glasses.

Y/n: "Cap? What are you-"

Steve: *shush sigh* "Not so loud...People are watching"

As the two continued to stare at one another, Natasha in a similar disguise walked over to the two along with Krista.

Natasha: "Hey, what's going on? *looks at Y/n*  Y/n? What are you doing in Washington?"

Y/n: "Oh, you know...School trip. We were just about to leave actually until all the roads out of Washington got closed down"

Steve: *whisper* "Looks like S.H.I.E.L.D isn't wasting any time"

Y/n: "Sorry what was that?"

Krista: "Y/n, is everything alright?"

Natasha: "Who's she?"

Y/n: "It's...complicated *to Krista* Are we still gonna roll with the whole 'couples' thing?"

Krista: *raise eyebrow* "Do you want it to be?"

Y/n: "No I'm just wondering because this makes things-"

Steve: "We're making a scene, we need to move"

Steve then briskly walked away from the conversation as Nat looks back at Y/n and Krista before running after them while the two looked at each other shrugging before running after them as well. When Nat and the others caught up to Steve, she tugged on his sleeve slightly to slow him down. 

Natasha: "First rule of going on the run is don't run, Walk"

Steve: "If I run in these shoes they'll fall off"

Krista: whisper "Is he always this tense?"

Y/n: whisper "Him and I are being hunted and being called a menace. sigh just normal day as Spider-man I guess"

Natasha: "Here, put these on. They'll help us keep in touch"

Y/n and Krista swiped the earbud from Natasha's hand and slipped it on. 

Steve: "Natasha and I are going to try to access the drive Fury left us"

Y/n: "How is he by the way?"

Natasha: "He's dead"

Krista: "Shit, way to break the news"

Steve: "It is what it is, can you two be look-out while we go in?"

Natasha: "Too many people huddling on one computer doesn't scream discreet"

Y/n: "Say no more, Krista?"

Krista: "Fine..."

The four then rode up the elevator to another floor. When Steve and Natasha enter a Genius Bar, Y/n and Krista place themselves by the railings to try and act casual. 

Krista: "Gotta be honest, this was not the super-secret spy mission I thought I'd be in with S.H.I.E.L.D"

Y/n: "You should see me during my off-days"

Krista: "I could imagine"

As the two struck a conversation, Natasha and Steve went over to one of the functional computers on display.

Natasha: "The drive has a Level 6 Homing program, as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D would know exactly where we are

Steve: "How much time will we have?"