(Avengers arc) Part 6

After Dr. Banner and I removed ourselves from Tony and Steve, the two's conversation turned to a fully heated argument that ends with Steve storming off and telling Tony to "just find the cube"

I was sitting by the Scepter and monitoring its behavior. I was looking at the spear intently not noticing Dr. Banner standing in front of me. He gently taps my shoulder, causing me to move my attention towards him.

Bruce: "you're really attracted to that thing, aren't ya?"

Y/n: "I guess you could say that..."

Bruce: "Sorry about my awkwardness...it's just I never really interacted well with kids"

Y/n: "Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't think that you'd need me for anything"

Bruce: "No it's alright, I understand. But I do wonder, how did you become Tony's assistant?"

Y/n: "I impressed him, or so he says"

Bruce: "Really? How so?"

Y/n: "I told him what I observed with the Tesseract and the Scepter and told me that I had observation skills of P.h.D scientists"

Bruce: "Wow, and how old did you say you were?"

Y/n: "I'm 15"

Bruce: "Little young to be working on something in this caliber don't you think?"

Y/n: "Yeah, but if you have a best friend that won't shut up about Einstein's equation of relativity You'd bound to learn some things non-willingly"

Bruce: "Welp, I'm gonna go grab some grub. Want anything?"

Y/n: "Another pack of Blueberries, please. Mr. Stark ate them all"

Bruce: *chuckle* "You got it, kid"

Dr. Banner then stepped out of the lab and went to grab some food as I went back to observing the Scepter.

Y/n: "From what Captain said, this Scepter worked like a HYDRA weapon, Nick also said that this is powered by the cube...I wonder"

I stood up and began looking around the lab and went to look for any form of portable power source. I checked every shelf and a few cabinets until I found what seems to be a power battery.

Y/n: "It's no Tesseract, but maybe this will work"

I then grabbed the battery and went back to the Scepter and began making a few tests. I first tried slapping on the battery to the Scepter.

Y/n: "No response, figures"

I then began taking down the battery and modifying it to output controlled charges from wires, once I had that I tried another test. This time placing the 2 wires to 2 certain points of the Scepter.

Y/n: "Still nothing. I am not just gonna believe this is Magic, even if it's alien magic! And I'm talking to an inanimate object, great...What the hell have you've doing, Y/n?"

I went ahead and did one last test, this time placing the wires to the blue gem at the spear. As soon as I placed the wires to the gem, I notice it glowing from the contact.

Y/n: "A reaction? I knew it"

I then grabbed the scanner and went to scan the Scepter, but I stopped when I see the gem, moving? I went to inspect it further but was stopped by the door to the lab suddenly opening up as Mr. Stark walks in with Dr. Banner with a packet of blueberries,

Tony: "What'cha doin' there?"

Y/n: "Nothing, just...doing some experiments"

Tony: "Anything noteworthy?"