(Avengers Arc) Part 5

Y/n and Tony arrived at the S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier. with Y/n still shaken by the flight as Tony flies to the hanger of the carrier and sets Y/n down. Y/n immediately went to his knees upon landing, overwhelmed from flying at such heights and speed while clinging into essentially an aircraft.

Y/n: "*groan* "That was so scary/ Cool but scary"

Tony: "Oh, toughen up kid. You'll get used to it"

Y//n: "I don't think I want to"

Tony then got out of his Iron Man armor, just as Phil enters the hanger to greet the two.

Phil: "Mr. Stark, glad you could still make it"

Tony: "Sorry about that, had to pick someone up. You know what they say about Fashionably late"

Phil: "So that's the 'assistant' you're talking about?"

Y/n: "Wait, you mentioned me?"

Tony: "Oh right, you two haven't met. Y/n this is Agent Coulson, but I usually just call him Phil and Phil, this is Y/n"

Phil: *extends hand* "Nice to meet you"

 Y/n: *shakes hand* "Yeah, same. My name's Y/n L/n if he hadn't made it clear yet"

Phil: "L/n? as in-"

Tony: "Their firstborn, I know. How crazy is that?"

Phil: "Then we need to put you into questioning, S.H.I.E.L.D has been figuring out who that Firstborn could be, and now that you're here, he could-"

Tony looked over at Y/n and see him being uncomfortable with the thought of being questioned about his parents so Tony decided to interject Coulson.

Tony: "Actually, Coulson. It would be much appreciated if you could maybe keep him on the down-low"

Phil: "Why?"

Tony: "come on, just look at the kid"

Tony gestures Phil over to Y/n who was looking around the hanger fascinated by the Jets and the entire Helicarrier in general.

Tony: "I talked with him just this morning, the topic about his parents is a bit sensitive to him at the moment. So I'd like it if he doesn't get questioned about his parents, like at all"

Phil: "Tony, You know I can't do that for you"

Tony: "Then don't do it for me, do it for the kid"

Phil: "I-*sigh* Fine, I'll keep quiet about the kid. But you owe me one"

Tony: "Of course, how about an all-expense-paid trip to a tropical island in Hawaii?"

Phil: "Anything but that"

Phil then made his way out of the Hanger along with Tony as he taps Y/n and asked to follow him.

Y/n: "Hey...Uh, thanks for, you know...That, back there"

Tony: "Of course, you and I are not so different so it's only right to do so"

Tony then placed an arm around Y/n's shoulder as the two walked together behind Phil.

Tony: "But that doesn't mean you should slack off, okay? If I see you dealing out piss-poor results, that internship is gone"

Y/n: *chuckle* "Then I won't disappoint you, sir"

Tony: "Good, glad we have that settled"

Tony then pats Y/n on the shoulder before walking over to Phil and talking about his vacation.