(Wilson Fisk arc) Part 7

Y/n and Matt stood in the alleyway with a knocked-out homeless man on the side. Y/n looks flabbergasted and confused about Matt's attire as he stood there speechless.

Matt: "Mr. L/n, mind telling me what happened?"

Y/n: "Has anyone told you that you look like an asshole?"

Matt: "It's the scarf isn't it?"

Y/n: "Mostly, yeah"

Matt then loosens the scarf around his head and tossing it away before grabbing his red sunglasses and putting them on as he extends his walking stick.

Matt: "Right, now. As for my question, what happened?"

Y/n: "I got...jumped by a homeless man?"

Matt: "And moments before that you were ambushed and shot at by Fisk's men"

Y/n: "Hey, I didn't do anything. Fisk mustn't like me snooping around his construction site"

Matt: "Or perhaps, he doesn't enjoy you going around in a spandex ruining his operation"

Y/n: "Spandex? I don't understand"

Matt: "Do you? I am may things Mr. L/n but dense and idiotic is not one of them, or should I say Spider-man?"

Matt sensed Y/n's increased heart rate along with his sporadic movements, earning himself a slight smirk as he sets his walking stick in front of him and places his hand above the other, waiting for Y/n's response.

Matt: "Well...?"

Y/n: "I have no idea...what you're talking about"

Matt: "I have ways of knowing the truth, Mr. L/n"

Y/n: "I am telling the truth, I don't get why you're implying I'm Spider-man. He just swung by and helped me by knocking away the thug"

Matt: "Then may I ask what's that around your wrists?"

Y/n: "Bracelets?"

Matt: "So your 'Bracelets' just happen to release the same synthetic fluid that Spider-man use?"

Y/n: "I...uhh...Damnit, alright fine I give up"

Matt then eases his strict stance knowing that he'd already succeeded before walking up to Y/n.

Y/n: "God, I am so bad at this whole secret identity thing"

Matt: *pats Y/n's shoulder* "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me"

Y/n: *smile* "Thanks"

Matt gave a reassuring smile as he retracts his hand from Y/n's shoulder,

Y/n: "So...this means we're partners now?"

Matt: *chuckle* "I'm open for a temporary partnership, but we could talk more of this some other day. Plus, weren't you rushing to go home for someone?"

Y/n: "Huh? Oh, shi- I better go! Thanks again Mr. Murdock"

Matt: "Please, Matt is fine"

Y/n: "Alright...Matt, see you around"

Matt: *tilts head* 

Y/n: "Oh, Forgot you're- Just yell if you hear me or however it is you 'see'"

Matt: *chuckle* "Will do"

(Timeskip)[Y/n POV]

After Matt and I parted ways, I quickly board the bus to Queens where I rode it until I've reached the 19th precinct where George was stationed to.