(Identity crisis arc) Part 8

Steve, Natasha, Krista, and I made our way into the camp, Krista and I went to look around as Natasha tries to pinpoint the location that we were supposed to go to using her phone. 

Steve: "This camp was where I was trained"

Natasha: "Did it change much?"

Steve: *looks up at the flagpole* "...A little"

As Krista continues to wander around aimlessly, I look back at Steve and see him reminiscing his past life.

Natasha: "Seems like a dead end. No heat signatures, No waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must've used a router to throw people off"

As soon as we were about to call it a day, Steve looked back at a bunker and ponders on it questioningly. Something Natasha noticed quickly. 

Natasha: "What is it?"

Steve: "Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards from the barracks, this building's in the wrong place"

Walking towards the bunker. Steve, along with the rest of us, made our way to the bunker and noticed that the entrance was padlocked, which Steve swiftly dealt with by the use of his shield as he bashes the lock open. 

Once the door was unlocked, we made our way down the stairs before Natasha went over to a switch and turned the lights on. When the entire room was visible, we saw a much retro version of a S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters.

Natasha: "This is S.H.I.E.L.D"

Krista: "More like a more musty and dusty version of it. Shit looks like it hasn't got cleaned for...ever"

Steve: "This was where it all started" 

Krista went and wiped one of her fingers on the desks and went to write her name on the dust before wiping her hand on my clothes. I swat her hand away as she giggled before we made our way deeper inside, entering another room where we saw three pictures framed on the wall. One is a general, One's a scientist and another was a female agent.

Natasha: "Hmm, There's Stark's father"

Steve: "Howard..."

Y/n: "Looks like Tony's rocking the mustache Mark II, The goatee"

Natasha: "Who's the girl?"

Steve: "..."

Feeling the slight tension in the air, Krista and I distanced ourselves as we checked some of the empty bookshelves. Our search came to a stop when I felt air seeping through one of the bookshelves, I inspect it deeper and saw the cobwebs being pushed by the slight breeze that I'm feeling. 

Y/n: "Hey guys! Check this out"

I gestured Steve and Natasha over to us as I positioned myself to push the shelf as Krista helped me by pulling.

Y/n: *mutter* "Please be a secret door, Please be a secret door, Please be a secret door"

We then began to move the shelf apart from one another, revealing a secret pathway to a secret elevator.

Y/n: "Yey!"

Steve: "If you're already working in a secret office...why do you need to hide the elevator"

Krista: "Who cares, we just found a secret!"

Natasha went ahead first, using her scanner on her phone, she scanned the fingerprints on the Numpad to decipher the passcode before inputting it to the keypad. The light then turned green as the elevator doors opened. 

Y/n: "This doesn't scream danger at all"

Steve: "Come on, let's move"

I look over at Krista who did the same before shrugging at each other and entering the elevator with them. We then took the elevator down to the sub-basement, once we reached the very bottom, the elevator dinged before opening its doors to show a pitch-black room.