(The Mary Janes arc) Part 4

After waiting for the bus to arrive, Peter got on board before taking the window seat at the far back and waits for the bus to arrive at his apartment as he reminisce on the events prior.

D.A.R.C: "Do you mind if I pose a question?"

Peter: "Sure, go ahead"

D.A.R.C: "Why did you decide against Y/n's aid even though you're directly inferior to him?"

Peter: "Hey, I'm not directly inferior. I trump him on some aspects"

D.A.R.C: "Really?"

Peter: "....Okay he might trump me in everything if he's serious but it's not about that"

D.A.R.C: "Then what is it?"

Peter: "It's just...it's just hard being the one getting saved all the time, sometimes I want to do the saving. Especially now"

D.A.R.C: "Hmm...You humans sure are strange"

Peter: "Plus, it's not like Y/n is the perfect hero. He has his wins and losses"

D.A.R.C: "Shouldn't failure be unacceptable in the business of being a hero"

Peter: "Being a hero isn't a job, its a responsibility, something Y/n takes very seriously"

D.A.R.C: "I see..."

Peter: "And if he was knocked down, he always find a way to bounce back. He doesn't define what he is through failures, but learns from them and improves himself"

D.A.R.C: "Fascinating, so you determine the betterment of yourselves through your flaws and build upon those failures"

Peter: "Something like that. It's what makes us human, kind of like you"

D.A.R.C: "Like me?"

Peter: "Back there, when you brought me to a dead-end. Instead of completely accepting being lost, we got on top of a pile of junk to get a scope of the yard"

D.A.R.C: "I'm sorry, for my inability to navigate through garbage"

Peter; *chuckles* "That's okay, like I said we all make mistakes. As long as we can learn from them, mistakes aren't so bad"

D.A.R.C: "Fascinating...I have much to learn about being human"

Peter: "I guess I never gave you enough credit. You really did change, D.A.R.C"

D.A.R.C: "Thank you, it means a lot"

Back at the Parker residence, May is just setting up the table for dinner as Y/n sheepishly walks down the stairs.

May: "Oh, Y/n! Perfect timing, I kept calling out to you but you just wouldn't answer"

Y/n: "Yeah...about that..."

May: "Come on, Y/n. What's got you so jitter? You got a girl in bed upstairs or something?"

Y/n: *looks to the side awkwardly*

May: "Oh...my...God. Y/n L/n I thought I raised you better than that-"

Y/n: "He-Hey, hey! Before you say something you clearly misunderstood, let me just say that...you just won't get it"

May: *scoff* "Please, I went through a phase similar to yours when I was your age. I think I could get it"

Y/n: *shrug* "Alright...but don't say I didn't tell you so"

Y/n then looks back up the stairs before gesturing for someone to head down. He continued his way to the bottom of the stairs as another pair of footsteps makes their way down the stairs before revealing themselves to may as Spider-Gwen but in Y/n's hoodie that was 2 sizes too big and his cotton sweatpants.