Chapter 1: The Game Begins

You were sitting on a chair in the middle of an empty classroom, wondering what will happen to you next.

It was the day that you and the rest of them had agreed on, the very moment where you will reveal to them your choice.

After you had thoroughly pondered as to who among them has feelings for you, it goes without saying that you were confident of your answer.

All that remains now is for them to tell you whether you guessed it right, for if you did, then it means that you've won their crazy game.

However, things became a lot more complicated once you heard what they said afterwards.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I know that you did your best to think this through, about who you think is the one who likes you for real. But sadly, you failed."

As you looked at their faces, you felt that they too were disappointed, even if they were the ones who won in the end. But the atmosphere in the room states that despite this result, it would seem that they too, had lost.

"I see. Well that's that I guess. But believe me, I tried my best to figure it out, really. It's not an easy choice for me to make, and I know that it would be too insulting to you girls if I didn't think it through. But at the very least, you can tell me which one of you has feelings for me, right? That way, I can properly apologize."

But as soon as they heard your words, they became even more distraught, making you feel confused by their reactions.

"It's not because your answer is wrong, oppa. To tell you the truth, we don't even care if you picked the right answer at all. It's umm, much more complicated than that." One of them said to you.

"What do you mean? Are you telling me that there's something else I should know? Then please, just say it!" You asked, in a manner which made it seem like you're begging to tell them what it is.

"See? The fact that you don't even know what it is made us decide that you were not meant to win this game of ours. Even if you picked the right answer, you have no idea about the consequences that it will bring."

"What are you trying to say to me, all of you? I played your game as best I could, and that I gave you my answer before the deadline. That should have been it, right? What else do you want me to do?"

"Sorry, oppa. It's not just your fault for not getting what we're trying to say, but it's ours too. You see, the further the game went on, something changed amongst all of us. It's not easy for us to say, but then again, any guy would be able to guess what it is we're getting at. All except you. Maybe it's not your fault for being so dense, but we all agreed that there is really no good ending for our little game after all."

"Don't say that. Please, just give me a little more time! There's still a week to go before the prom, so that means I can try to-"

"No. None of us are willing to change the rules, oppa. You made your decision before the game ended, but we didn't like where this is going. I'm afraid that this is it. All we can do now is to hope that you'll be able to move on from us before we part ways. Farewell."

"That's not fair! Why would all of you do this to me? Yah, come back! I only ask for one more chance! Come back!"

But no matter how loud you yelled, your words fell on deaf ears. One by one, each of them begin to vanish for some reason, leaving you alone in anguish.