Chapter 25: Kindred Spirits (Final)

"These are all good suggestions, but personally I think I prefer this third option you have here, Gaeul. It's actually more convenient for me to gain some inspiration while at the comfort of my own home, just saying." You said, as Gaeul seemed to agree on your decision as well.

"I see. Well if that's your choice, then so be it. I'm going to ask for the Film Club's opinion tomorrow afternoon about what movies they'd recommend, since they're probably left the school by now."

"I appreciate that, but I can do that on my own, you know."

"That may be so, but like I told you earlier, I wanted to help you in my own way. Do you remember my promise to you after you helped me win the student council election last year?"

"Y-yes, of course. So that means..."

"Yup. This is the perfect chance for me to do something for you in return, so whether you like it or not, I'm going to help you write that essay. Got it?"

Both her tone and that smirk on her face after she said that was proof enough that she won't take no for an answer. As someone who knows Gaeul's personality much better than most people in your school, it would be smart for you to accept her help. After all, she's the type of girl who won't give up on doing something the moment she has decided to commit to it from the beginning.

"Aish, fine. You don't have to sound so forceful about it, Gaeul. If anything, it would be dumb of me not to accept your help on this one, even though I believe that I can manage."

"Exactly. It's not that I don't trust you, Y/N. Deep down, I know that you want to win the contest if possible, or at the very least, to write the best composition you can so that you'll have no regrets. That's why I want to help you this time around, to make sure that you'll be able to do just that."

"Yes, I understand. Thanks, Miss President."

"Thank me once the contest is over. For now, we prepare. Now that it's settled, I'll see you this weekend."

"Sure. I'm looking forward to it."

Both you and Gaeul exchanged smiles just before you exit the student council office. On your way home, you can't help but feel confident that you'll be able to do well in the contest, more so since someone who's very reliable will be there to support you all the way. Her eagerness to do what she thinks is best for others is just one of her best traits that you admire about her. The best thing you can do now is to give it your all and not to disappoint not just her, but everyone else who's counting on you too.

The days leading up to the weekend went on as usual, with you making the most out of your after school hours at the school library to look for additional references. This goes to show that you don't want to waste any spare time you have, and that you believe that your diligence will pay off eventually.

While it's a shame that you didn't get to spend much time with Jungwon and Sunghoon throughout the week, the two of them still gave you their moral support as your friends, which you appreciated.

On the day before Gaeul's visit, you then went ahead to make a few preparations for everything that you might need, including some extra food and drinks just to be sure. Even though watching serious films may not be as fun, that doesn't mean you can't have the best snacks and beverages while doing so, especially since you'll have a friend accompanying you.

Having made all the necessary preparations, all you have to do now is to wait.

The next day, Miyeon left you with a few things to do at home while she's gone, though not without leaving you one of her best dishes that you're going to have for lunch this afternoon. You already informed her that Gaeul will be visiting today, and that she's okay with it. Still, you can sense her feeling all too happy about it for some reason, though you chose to simply ignore her musings altogether.