Chapter 27: On Love Lane Part 2

When you're born to be a talented person, it's only natural for people to compliment you about it.

They will often say that you will surely have a bright future ahead of you, and it's because of the unique gift that you have which sets you apart from everybody else.

It is a good thing indeed to be one, and all that remains is for you to nurture that talent for as much as you could, doing what it takes to be better than what you are initially.

But of course, not everyone would look at you that way, and that is the sad reality.

There will always be those who will instead look upon you differently, and they have different reasons for doing so.

Jealousy, insecurities, and resentment are just a few examples as to why those people act as such.

Motivated by these emotions, they will sometimes do the unthinkable against you, all in order to put you down and make them feel a little better about themselves.

Truly, only the most selfish ones would resort to such actions, and those who are on the receiving end of such will be the ones to suffer for it.

With this, almost anyone can relate to these situations, and unfortunately, even someone like Yujin had gone through it as well.

You will never forget the first time you saw her that day, when she was preparing to train all on her own while the rest of her team paid no attention to her.

Perhaps it was by chance that you encountered her while you were walking home. Looking back at it now, you were glad when you did.

It didn't take long for you to realize what's happening, which made you feel pity towards your school's future track star.

Being the kind natured guy that you always are, you did not hesitate for a moment to approach her, as you took it upon yourself to try and think of a way to help her during that time.

"H-hey there. You're Ahn Yujin, right?" You said, as she looked at you curiously when you spoke to her.

"Y-yes? Umm, do you need something from me?"

"Not at all. Actually, I was wondering if I could uhh, help you in some way, as I can't help but feel like you could use someone to keep you company while you train. B-but if you don't want to, then that's fine! I don't want you to feel forced into accepting my help or anything like that." You said in between stutters, which made her laugh a bit.

Granted, it was the first time you talked to Yujin, so it's no surprise that you felt nervous in front of her. Adding to that would be your assumption that she might feel uneasy when a stranger suddenly offered his help to her from out of nowhere.

That's why you thought that there was a good chance she would politely refuse you, which is understandable.

But on the contrary, what she said to you afterwards did surprise you.

"Sure, I accept. To be honest, I really need someone's help right now when it comes to keeping track of my lap times, so I'm glad you came along. Thank you, uhh..."

"Oh, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Cho Y/N. It's nice to meet you, Yujin-ssi."

"Likewise, but please just call me Yujin. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Y/N."