Chapter 21: Return

It was difficult for you to come up with an answer so quickly. Even though it was only to make a guess, there's no doubt that the pressure is there. Add to the fact that Hyunseo is smiling while looking at you, as if she's having fun teasing you with the sudden question she had.

If this was a game show, then surely this would be the part where the host had just asked you a million-dollar question. One wrong answer can cost you everything, but at the same time, getting it right will enable you to win with satisfaction.

But now's not the time for you to think about such things.

She asked you a question plain and simple, and it's only fair for you to give her your best answer.

"Right. Even if it's just a guess, then I should tell you what I think, Hyunseo-ah. Out of all of them, the one who has feelings towards me is most likely (insert your chosen girl's name). Yes, I'm sure of it. Well?"

However, Hyunseo didn't reply immediately. She looked at the ocean for a while after you gave her your guess, and it seemed like she's thinking thoroughly about something. A few good seconds had passed before she turned to face you again. Only this time, you saw her looking somewhat disappointed.

"Huh. Well that's that, I guess. Oppa, I'm not really sure whether I should tell you if you're right or not. But what I can tell you is that you haven't clearly made up your mind just yet."

"I can't deny that, Hyunseo-ah. After all, you had just asked me that question from out of nowhere, so it's sensible for me to say that I wasn't ready to give you my real answer yet. Then again, I shouldn't make any excuses. By now, I should have been more prepared to confidently tell you who I thought it was. Still, I only said her name because I thought that she's the one whom I thought was the most genuine out of all of them. That's not to say that the others weren't, no. Perhaps it's because I see something special about her, which made me realize that she might be the one who likes me more than the others do."

"I get your point, oppa. If you ask me, I don't blame you for choosing her. From the way you two interacted since you first met, I'd say that she clearly has the advantage over my other unnies. Hehe, I'm pretty sure that she'll be very happy the moment I tell her what you said just now!" She teased.

"Yah, don't tell her just yet, all right? As much as possible, I have to be fair to all of them until the very last day of the game. Besides, you don't even want to tell me if I was right or not."

"I won't, oppa, so don't you worry about me. I may have already caused them a fair bit of trouble by telling you that it's not me, but let's keep that to ourselves too. Sounds fair?"

"Mhm. It will be for the best, Hyunseo."

"Right? Then I suppose we should head back now before someone sees us here. But before that, I'd like to give you one last piece of advice about the game, oppa."

"As long as it's not considered cheating, then by all means."

"It's not. Trust me. First, I know that the moment you told me your answer earlier, you did it in the most sincere way possible. You can say that you're still not sure about whether you're right or wrong, but for me, you're already getting close to the right answer. Which means that your guess can already be considered correct, but at the same time, it's not entirely right either. You're still lacking one more essential part of what should be the perfect answer, but as to what that is, I'm sorry but I won't be able to tell you."

"Hold on. I don't really understand what you're saying, Hyunseo-ah. You're telling me that my guess is right, but it's not entirely correct?"

"Yup. It doesn't make any sense now, isn't it? But judging from how you are progressing in the game, there's a very high chance that you will be able to guess it in time. No, I believe that you'll be able to do so."