Chapter 11: So Far, So Unpredictable

This will be like an intermission chapter of sorts, just to connect the previous story arc with the next one. Still, there's another important choice waiting for you guys at the end of the chapter.

From the moment Jiwon gave you these choices, it became somewhat easy for you to arrive at a decision, unlike the previous one. You can't help but smile once you already thought it, as the thought of spending the entirety of the school trip with her would undoubtedly make it a memorable one.

"Hmm, so that's what you've decided on. I see. Well I have to say, you truly have an affinity to pick the most arduous of choices, my ever reliable assistant."Jiwon remarked.

"I'm not so sure if I agree with you on that one, Jiwon-ah. I just figured that she needs my company more than the student council does. Sure, the school trip could prove to be quite hectic for them to plan by themselves even with the help of the faculty, but I know that we can always count on them when needed be." You replied, as Jiwon felt inclined to agree.

"You do have a point there. When it comes to leadership, we can always look up to Gaeul-unnie. Everything she did so far with the student council was met with success. No doubt she'll be able to handle it. Besides, Yujin-unnie will be there to help her too, so I think they'll be okay."

"Wait, what? Yujin's going to be helping her too?"

"Of course. She still has time before the track tournament begins, and knowing her, she's already there at the office planning things alongside Gaeul-unnie. Don't forget that she's also a part of the council even if she's our school's track star."

"Oh. W-well I guess they'll be all right then."

"Hmm? Is something wrong, Y/N? Having second thoughts about your decision?"

"Yah, of course not! If anything, this convinced me that accompanying our school princess is the right choice to make. She's the one whom I'm more worried about when it comes to the school trip."

"Ah, that does make sense. It seems that your deductions provide for a very solid argument, Y/N. I can't even imagine what will happen if there's no one to look after her. Wonyoung has a tendency to get.....adventurous when it comes to the outside world, though I don't really blame her for being like that."

"I don't mind it at all, to be honest. If anything, I'm actually excited to be with her for the school trip."

"Is that so? Hmm. Does that mean....you like her?"

Her sudden question caused you to blush within seconds, as you tried to think of something to say to her.

"N-no, it's not like that, believe me! I just thought that it would be nice to accompany her for once, as I realized that I don't really interact with her that much compared to the rest of you."

"I see. Now that I think about it, you're right. It would seem my earlier deductions were incorrect. Forgive me, Y/N."

"It's all right, but I'm glad you understand, professor. Still, you sounded more like a detective than a scientist just now."

"Hehe, I always wanted to try speaking in such a manner, just for once. But being a sleuth is not my forte, so I'll be content with my usual manner of speaking."

"Just do what you think is best, I guess."

"Right. But before you visit the princess herself, I need you to wait for a bit."