Chapter 18: An Exciting School Trip, Part 3

This will be a longer chapter compared to the previous ones, so I hope you guys don't mind that.

The second day of your trip started out well enough, as you and your class can't wait to explore the various tourist sites around Okinawa. Your teachers had informed you that today is all about experiencing and learning Japanese culture, along with some leisure activities on the side. With this, it's pretty obvious that your first itinerary would be to visit one of the famous shrines in the country.

"Wow, just look at this place. It's very impressive, and I can say that they managed to maintain its beauty despite the fact that it was built a long time ago." Yujin said as her eyes were fixated at the enormous cultural structure in front of you.

"You're right, Yujin-ah. I'm sure that the view from over there is also breathtaking, given that this place is located just beside the sea.' You added.

"Ah yes, the Naminoue Shrine. It's one of Japan's most famous tourist sites, especially here in Okinawa. One might say that your tour won't be complete without visiting this place, and I agree with them. By the way, did you guys know that this shrine was built for the sole purpose of worshiping Izanami, the wife of Izanagi, who's also the deity of creation? Plus there's also the fact that-"

"What are you, some kind of walking encyclopedia? I know how fascinated you are with this place Jungwon-ah, but that's still too much information for us. Why don't we first have a look at that temple over there? You told me that you're going to take some pictures for your documentation, right?" Ryujin reminded him, as Jungwon calmed down.

"Oh, you're right. I'm sorry Ryujin-ah, and to the two of you as well. I guess my excitement got the better of me this time. Still, I managed to help you understand what this place is, correct?"

"Yup, you sure did. You kind of entertained us for a few seconds, and we appreciate it." You said to him as a compliment.

"Glad to hear it. Now if you'll excuse us, Ryujin and I are going to take a look around that temple for now. I'll catch up with you two later."

As Jungwon and Ryujin leave, the latter gave you thanks in the form of a gesture, making you smile.

"You know, I never thought that Jungwon-ssi and Ryujin-unnie were in a relationship. How did that happen?" Yujin asked, with you almost chuckling the moment you heard her question.

"It's kind of a long story, actually. But I can tell you that I played a small role in making it happen." You replied, as Yujin looked surprised by what you just said.

"Really? Come on Y/N, give me the details! I promise I won't tell anyone."

"I'd love to, but I think we won't have any time left to explore the rest of this place if I did. I'll tell you once we get back to Korea, all right?"

"Fine, you do have a point. Okay then, where do we start?"

"Hmm. How about we visit the main shrine first, then we'll go check out the smaller ones once we're done. Sounds good?"

"Sure! I'll let you take the lead, Y/N."

Yujin suddenly held your hand, making you blush a little, with her looking at you like a cute puppy that she is.

"Y-yeah, let's go then."

For the next hour and a half, you and Yujin had a great time exploring the shrine area, as you both learned a lot of new things about Japanese culture in general. From their ancient customs, beliefs, all the way to how they adjust to a modern society, it goes without saying that you both had learned something through your visit to the place. This made you realize that it's one thing to learn about such lessons from a book, but being there to see and experience it firsthand is another thing entirely. Unsurprisingly, you prefer the latter.