Chapter 29: On Love Lane (Final)

You thought about what kind of question you want to ask her. In the end, it came down to just two choices.

However, while it's tempting to simply acquire a hint as to who your mystery girl is, you felt that knowing how all of this started is also an enigma in itself, if not more.

Sure, you became a part of this game by choice, and that you too had agreed to follow the rules that all of them had set until your decision was made, but that's all you know.

This, along with the fact that you still aren't aware of how they were all motivated to begin this little contest of theirs in the first place.

Taking all these into account, you then gathered the courage to ask Yujin about it, while hoping that she would be able to do so.

"Okay, Yujin-ah. To be completely honest with you, I'm not really sure if asking you this type of question will be wrong or not, but I'm curious all the same."

"Sure, Y/N. What is it you want to ask me about? I was expecting you to ask me about a hint or something, but I guess you have something else in mind."

"That I do. You know, I was wondering about this for a while, and I think now would be a perfect time for me to know the truth, so here goes."

You paused for a bit, and after you calmed yourself a little, you then continued with what you were about to say.

"What was the true reason behind the six of you starting this game with me?"

And that was it. You know that there's a good chance that Yujin will avoid answering the question in some capacity, and that she is clever enough to do just that. It's understandable that she won't be able to, as this might spoil the whole game somewhat, but instead.....

"I see. Well, I wasn't expecting you to ask me about it now, but I suppose this was bound to happen. Then again, it still took you this long to ask about it directly, which is surprising in itself." She said before letting out a chuckle.

"Yah, I just never had the right chance to ask any of you, so it's also a matter of timing for me. But you're right. I was really curious about it from the beginning. I guess you can say that I didn't have the heart to talk about it, for I simply chose to play along. It was foolish, I know. But regardless, I want to take this chance to ask you now, and I hope that you'll be able to explain it all to me in the best way you could."

Yujin did not reply to you immediately, as she was still contemplating on whether she's going to tell you the whole story or not. But deep down, she understood that it wouldn't be fair to you if she doesn't, more so since you readily agreed to their conditions from the very start.

In addition, there's also the fact that neither she nor the other girls can't deny, and that you played an important role in order for them to change for the better. In a way, these acts of kindness that you had shown them was more than enough reason for you to know the truth behind it all.

With a smile on her face, Yujin realized that is indeed the perfect time for her to tell you the real reason as to how this all started.