Chapter 13: Opulence, Mischief, and Escapades Part 2

"That'll be it for today, Yujin-ssi. I have to say that I didn't expect you to improve this fast." The track coach said, as she also signaled the other track team members that today's practice had ended.

"I wouldn't be able to do so if it wasn't for your help, Ms. Lee. It's only because of your training regimen that I was able to break my previous record. I'm really happy today!"

"That may be so, but let's not forget how much effort you put in since these past few months. Your dedication to improve yourself in what you're good at is something to be admired. Keep this up and we could agree that you'll be able to become the champion for this year's track meet. If that happens, then you'll have a great chance to apply for a scholarship too. Wouldn't that be great!"

"Yes! I promise that I won't let you and the school feel disappointed for this year's competition."

"Glad to hear it. I'll be looking forward to the championship then. See you tomorrow."

Once their coach had left, Yujin decided to stay at the benches for a while, as she was still in disbelief after she had managed to score such an achievement. Finally, after spending a great amount of time in training, she now feels like she's ready to win this year's track meet.

As the rising star of your school's track team, the pressure is now on her to try and live up to everyone's expectations, just like her seniors did before her. But knowing Yujin, you believe that she has what it takes to do just that.

She took a moment to relax before heading back to the locker room, all the while gazing at the beautiful sunset that can be seen from the school field.

"I guess this is a sign that things will be great for me this year. You can do this, Ahn Yujin."

But before she left, Yujin saw a familiar face heading towards her, which made her smile.

"Hmm. It looks like something good happened to you today, Yujin-ah. Am I right?"

"You got that right, Gaeul-unnie! I broke my previous record! Isn't that great?" Yujin cheerfully said, as the two of them decided to talk for a bit.

"Of course it is. I'm happy for you, really. Your hard work had paid off, or perhaps it was more than just that." Gaeul teased her.

"Hehe. I'll admit that I got inspired when he started to act as my unofficial coach. Sure, I kind of forced him into accepting, but it all worked out in the end. Y/N truly helped me out a lot during those times."

Yujin's face frowned a little, as she suddenly recalled that painful time when you first saw her.

"I'm sorry for making you remember that, Yujin-ah. But you're right. Y/N surely did a lot to help not just you, but the rest of us as well. I owe him too, you know. Somehow it makes me feel a bit guilty that we forced him to play our little game."

"Oh really? I don't believe you, unnie. After all, the two of us are the ones who started all of this, just in case you don't remember. That also means you're the one who's the most curious as to how this game of ours will end. That also includes me, of course."

"Fine. You're free to believe what you want. But seriously, I do. Then again, I know that it's too late to stop this now, since he also wanted to find out the truth this way. He told us himself that he wants to finish it, and that we'll all agree to give him this chance."

"That's true. I just hope that in the end, we'll all be happy to accept his choice. There won't be any hard feelings, okay?"

"Yeah, I guess so....."