Chapter 8: Equations Of The Heart, Part 3

It took some effort, but fortunately you were able to clean up the Science Lab on your own. You felt a bit proud of yourself, for you did well compared to the first time back when you started working with her.

"There you go. Everything's in order now, though it sure took up quite a bit of time. Jiwon-ah, when are you ever going to learn not to be a messy person?" You said, as you grabbed one of the empty chairs to sit on while putting your bag on the table near her desk.

"Now all I have to do is to wait for her to wake up. I'm not going to make that same mistake again when I forced her to."

You felt that it was right for you to wait instead, as you still remembered what happened the last time you tried to wake her up when she was in the middle of her peaceful slumber.

She gave you a long lecture about sleep psychology, specifically how your untimely manner of waking her up had affected her emotional and mental recovery. Well she was right for saying so, even though her explanation was too complex and detailed for an average person to hear. At least you get her point, and so you apologized.

While she did accept your apology, Jiwon still forced you into one of her experiments by testing her new serum on you. Thankfully, she said that it was something to help you stay awake when you're studying, which made you feel relieved. To her credit, it did work, as you managed to stay the night without feeling drowsy while studying for a test the following day. So in other words, what she did was a favor and not really a punishment.

"Hehehe, you have nowhere to go now, Y/N....." Jiwon suddenly said, as you looked at her just to see that she's just sleep talking.....again.

"Why am I not surprised? Typical of her to do that again." You thought, as you tried to focus on reading the book you brought with you to pass the time.

"Don't be a crybaby and just drink it. It's for my research, and I guarantee that nothing's going to happen to you."

"Heh. You said that a lot of times already. Still, I wonder what's happening to me in her dream right now."

"Ugh, why are you so stubborn? You're my assistant, as well as the perfect specimen to test this new formula I made!"

"Perfect specimen? Okay, now that's very unsettling."

Soon enough, your curiosity was preventing you from concentrating on the book you're reading, as Jiwon became increasingly aggressive even though she's still sleeping. By now, you were having second thoughts and was about to wake her up, only for her to.....

"Argh! That's it, now my patience has run out, you little.....eh?"

Just like that, Jiwon simply woke up all on her own, as she was surprised to see you looking at her with a grin on your face.

"It looked like you had quite a dream just now, Professor. So much for your beauty rest, huh?" You teased, as Jiwon was still half-awake to respond.

You stood up from your seat and went towards the small pantry that you and Jiwon set up before, as you decided to get her something to drink.

"So it was just a dream.....Hmm.....I almost thought it was real. This only proves that my earlier hypothesis about unstable sleep cycles was in fact accurate."

"If you say so. That aside, do you want some snacks as well, Jiwon-ah?" You asked her.

"Umm, that won't be necessary. Just a glass of water will be good. Thank you, my assistant."