Chapter 24: Kindred Spirits Part 3

After the unforgettable school trip that you had last week, it's finally time for you to return to your normal school life.

But in truth, you feel like you weren't ready for it yet, not with all the excitement and tension that you had during the past week. Of course, that included yesterday's half-day date with Gaeul, whom you didn't expect to show up that afternoon.

Still, you enjoyed her company, and were sure that she also felt the same way. That's the only thing that matters.

Even so, you are still bothered by the same question which you had thought of the moment you got home afterwards.

"Did anyone you know saw the two of you yesterday?"

It might seem like a simple question, but your current situation with her friends can certainly complicate things.

But even if it wasn't them who saw you, there's a good chance that word will spread around the campus that you and Gaeul are dating.

If that happens, then this whole game will be turned upside down, with the other five accusing you of being unfair. This is of course, the worst case scenario.

With this, you have every bit of reason to feel scared to go to school today. Despite this, you have no choice but to do so.

If anything, it would seem that you'll have the opportunity to find out if you've been caught, all because of a certain someone who just so happened to see you on your way to the train station.

While waiting for the train to arrive, the two of you sat on a couple of empty seats nearby, with you feeling scared that she would try and ask you that dreaded question. However.....

"You know oppa, I have a feeling that today's going to be another hectic day for us, more so since everyone is still feeling tired after the school trip. Don't you agree?" She asked, as you try to keep yourself composed before you answer.

"I-I suppose you're right in saying that, Hyunseo-ah. It's only a couple of days since we got back, so it's understandable that many of us will feel that way."

"I know, right? I hope the teachers will take that into consideration, though I'm also sure that they won't. Well, at least you had plenty of rest yesterday." She replied, and her last statement got you nervous.

"Hmm, I'm afraid I didn't. Yesterday I helped my noona with running the cafe, so I never had the chance to have a good rest."

"That's too bad, oppa. But hey, helping out Miyeon-unnie is always worth it, especially since she's going to reward you with her homemade desserts. Now that I think about it, I should have gone to visit you yesterday if I knew you were there."

"Ah, t-that's very kind of you, Hyunseo-ah. Don't worry. I'll be sure to invite you again to visit us soon."

"Wow, thanks! I'm already looking forward to it. Well unlike you, me and my unnies had a relaxing time yesterday. As for me, I spent almost the whole day sleeping, while I also made sure to finish playing one of my games that I bought two months before. I still have a couple more titles to go over, and I feel bad that I don't know when I'll be able to play again." She said while pouting.

"Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll have your chance soon. Before I forget, can you lend me your copy of Beast Hunter next month? I want to play and finish the expansion pack as well." You told her.