Chapter 30: To Whom Your Heart Belongs

"Looks like the day when I will finally make my decision is almost here. I guess I better prepare myself then."

Throughout the whole day, your heart was filled with mixed emotions, especially since the day when you will finally give them your answer will be tomorrow.

Add to this was the fact that none of them had talked to you as well, for they all chose to leave you alone for the time being in order to give you some more time to think.

But deep down, you had already thought of someone whom you think was the person who liked you from the very start, although you want to wait until tomorrow to tell them about your answer.

As the school day ends, you and your friends begin to pack your things before leaving the classroom, as the rest of your classmates begin talking about the upcoming school event.

"Ugh, I guess everyone at school is so hyped up about the school prom. Even during our lunch period, they would talk about things like who's going to be their partner, what kind of formal attire they are going to wear, and even some gossips as to who's going to be the prom king and queen. Honestly, I don't really care about that last one, but I know that most of us here at school are so hyped up about it." Jungwon said, as he prepared to leave the classroom with you.

"Yes, that's understandable. As for me, I'm feeling pretty nervous about something else." You replied, with him realizing that you're in a dilemma about the game's conclusion.

"Oh. I'm sorry I forgot, Y/N. So tomorrow's going to be the moment of truth for you then. Believe me, I would have felt the same if I was in your shoes, but you're better than me when it comes to that. Just don't try to think about it too much, alright? After all, they promised you that no matter whom you choose, they will respect your decision, and that's a good thing."

"That's true. Thanks, Jungwon-ah."

"That's what a good friend does, to give you some simple words of comfort when you need it the most. I know that this will sound cliche, but I still think I need to say it. If you follow what both your heart and your mind tells you, then it's certain that you and that special someone will truly be happy. I hope that you will keep this in mind."

"I will, and I appreciate you giving that advice to me."

"Anytime. Also, I hate to tell this to you now, but I apologize if I won't be able to go home with you today. My club will have a meeting after class, so I have to be there. That and uhh, Ryujin told me that she wants to hang out with me afterwards."

"That's okay. Good for you, Jungwon."

"Hehe, thanks. By the way, I have great news about our dear friend as well." He teased.

"Sunghoon? What's up with him?"

"I'm sure you saw him leave the classroom almost immediately, right? Well here's the thing. He's about to try his luck at confessing towards someone right now."

"Really? Who is it?"

"Well, there's one other student here who almost has the same level of popularity as Rei-ssi and Wonyoung-ssi, right?"

"Hold on. You can't mean Choi Ji-"

"Shh! He told me that he wants to keep it a secret for now, so we have to be quiet! But that surprised you, huh?"

"Naturally. I didn't think that he would try and confess to a senior, so if anything, Sunghoon is impressive to have that kind of courage." You said.

"I know, right? But still, it's a do-or-die situation for him at this very moment. We'll just have to see if he succeeded or not during the night of the prom."