Chapter 26: On Love Lane Pt. 1

"Two weeks left, huh? It looks like I have to step up if I really want to win this game against them. Then again, I don't really see them as my opponents or anything. No, that's not the right way to think about this challenge at all. It's more like I'm up against myself, especially even now I'm still trying to figure out how all of this will end in the best way possible. Come on, Cho Y/N. You got yourself into this predicament, and you're the only one who can get yourself out."

Every single day, these thoughts continue to linger in your mind.

With only a couple of weeks left before the fateful day, you know that you have to correctly deduce which one among the five of them is the one who has genuine feelings towards you.

So far, doing that still seems impossible, as none of them has given you a clear hint about how they truly feel about you. Instead, all they did was to say to you how much they value you as a person, and as their friend. Each of them served as a reminder that the kindness you showed them can indeed go a long way, for you had gained not only their trust, but also their support should you ever need their help in the future.

For this reason alone, you are happy that you did the right thing.

However, with trust comes commitment, and the time when you will dedicate yourself to one of them more than you do for the others draws near.

You can only hope that whichever your choice will be in the end, it will be the right one.

With such uncertainties bothering you to no end, you wished that your school days would continue to be as normal as possible. But the problem is that whenever you find yourself in the middle of a dilemma, unexpected moments happen as well.

For some reason, these two things always happen at the same time, almost as if fate itself enjoys teasing you in the most uncomfortable method possible.

But for once, you were glad that this unexpected event had happened, for you will have one less thing to worry about. It's all thanks to two people who are always there to serve as your pillar of support whenever you are worried about something. And this time, their timing couldn't be any more perfect.

After going on about the usual morning filled with lectures and typical subject discussions, you found yourself joined by your two friends, Jungwon and Sunghoon, who wanted to speak to you during lunchtime.

Judging from how serious they looked when they approached you in the classroom this morning, it seems as if they want to tell you something important.

It turns out your gut instincts were right to assume that, though you felt relieved the moment Jungwon told you about it, and Sunghoon gave you an understanding look afterwards.

"I see. So that's what you guys wanted to talk to me about. To be honest, it's okay. I'm not even mad about you telling him that, Jungwon-ah. If anything, I actually agree with your decision, so there's no reason for me to be upset to either of you."

"Really? Well I'm so glad to hear you say that, Y/N. I was really tense about telling you the truth that I did something without your approval, but now I can rest easy knowing that I did the right thing."