Chapter 15: Opulence, Mischief and Escapades Part 4

Without a doubt, that fancy dinner you had with Wonyoung, Hyunseo and Mr. Jang was certainly an unforgettable one for you, all because of one specific reason.

It is quite unforgettable to the point when even after a few days had passed since that night, your mind just can't seem to set aside everything that he shared with you through your conversation with him.

With the school trip just a day away, you know that you have to try and not to think about it too much. Instead, planning about how you are going to make the most out of your quality time at Okinawa should be your top priority instead.

Still, realizing that seeing Wonyoung throughout the next three days will most certainly remind you of the talk you had with her father is bound to happen, and this could affect how you'll interact with her.

"Y/N, I know that I already told you this plenty of times by now, but I would like to express my thanks to you again for being friends with my daughter. Her mother and I won't forget what you did for her."

"You don't have to thank me, sir. What I did for your daughter was nothing special. I simply wanted to be friends with her, in order to get to know her more. I'm pretty sure that anyone could have done that much easier than I did."

"I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on that one. Do you still remember what I told you about her the first time I saw you two get along well?"

"Yes, I still remember that clearly, Mr. Jang."

"Good to hear it. Back then, she always felt so alone and different compared to her classmates. Of course, I'm well aware that her previous school treated her well, and she never had any trouble with her studies. But all the same, no one ever had the courage to talk to her, let alone become friends with her because of her status. That's not to say that I blame them, for I know that they simply felt too intimidated by her place in society, and we felt very sad for her. It was then when we both realized that she can't remain like that for long, so the best way we thought we could do for her was to transfer her once again. I admit that I wasn't really feeling optimistic about it, because I kept on thinking that nothing would change. Today, I'm very thankful that things did change for her, all thanks to you and her new friends. You were the first to try and reach out to her, and I'm happy that she got along very well with you without any trouble. I can never thank you enough for doing a good thing for her sake, Y/N."

"I'm just glad that I was able to help her in the best way possible, sir."

The two of you remained silent for a while, as you turned to look back at Wonyoung and Hyunseo back inside the restaurant. Both of them seemed very happy with their own conversation, and not long after, Mr. Jang spoke about something else with you.

"I've been meaning to ask you something important, Y/N."

"What is it, Mr. Jang?"

"Well, it's about you and my daughter. While I am quite happy that the two of you are the best of friends at present, I can't help but wonder if such friendship could turn into....."

Mr. Jang paused right before he could continue, as you noticed that he looked quite hesitant to continue what he's about to say.

However, you were able to easily figure out where the conversation was going, and naturally, it made you feel tense and unsure what you will say to him the moment he decides to continue.

"Hahaha! Forgive me Y/N. I suppose it is far too early for me to be talking to you about such things. Just forget about it, okay?"

"I-I will, sir. Don't worry about it."