Chapter 14: Opulence, Mischief, and Escapades Part 3

When a chance to live a life of grandeur is handed to you on a silver platter, it's obvious that you are going to take it without a moment's hesitation, right?

Think about it. Most, if not all of us, had always dreamed of experiencing what it's like to be rich, famous and pampered by a group of well-trained butlers, maids and bodyguards who are there to see to your every need. It may sound too much, but that's the reality of how the well-to-do families spend their daily lives.

Being wealthy has a lot of perks that come along with it, and that's to be expected.

Why must you take the public transport to go to work or school every day, when you have either a limousine or even a sports car you can use anytime in order to get there?

Why spend the effort to go to a shopping mall just to get that limited edition game or accessory that you want, if your parents actually own that mall and can have that item delivered to you as early as possible?

Why would you choose a career that will help you support your family, when you can pursue something else that enables you to make use of your wealth for more adventurous goals, along with the company of your fellow affluent friends?

These are just a few examples, but it goes to say that being rich lets you live your life to the fullest with little effort, unlike most of us average folks.

But like all things, having such a pampered life has its own downsides.

In the case of Jang Wonyoung, her being ignorant about how the world works is one of them.

Still, you can't blame anyone, even her parents, as to how she became the girl whom she is today.

After all, like any good parent, they only want her to live a healthy and comfortable life, free from any worries or inconveniences that some children would have as they grow.

But sometimes even the best of intentions will also cause a degree of harm to how one views the world at present, which is exactly what happened to Wonyoung the first time you met her.

Her status as the most famous girl in your school did cause many students to become distant from her, all because they find it uncomfortable to hang out with a person of her upbringing. Simply put, they all assume that her way of thinking is completely different from theirs, and you can't deny that it's partially true in a way.

Then there are those who revere her as some kind of royalty, to the point when they always protect her from "unworthy people", according to them.

These group of students call themselves Wonyoung's Imperial Guard, and they are led by none other than the very guy who loathes you for a lot of reasons, Park Sunghoon.

Thanks to him and his peers, it almost became impossible for you to spend time with Wonyoung. Back then, he would always get in your way whenever you wanted to talk to her at school, constantly reminding you that only he has the "noble right" to spend time with his princess.

His overprotectiveness towards her, brought about by his own feelings of admiration, caused a rift between you two.

Thankfully, Yujin and Gaeul found a way to stop that from happening, telling him that if Sunghoon ever dares to cause trouble for you, they'll make sure that he will regret it..

While it made him hate you even more, at least he's now aware that his action can have its own consequences. His peers also understood this, and unlike him, they eventually came to accept you as a friend, which is a good thing.