Chapter 3: A Helping Hand Part 2

Perhaps it was only by chance when you first met her during that day. Then again, you remember the wise words from a book which you read before.

There's no such thing as a coincidence, only inevitabilities.

As cliche as it might sound, you believe that it was fate which led you to become acquainted with her, and from that time onwards, things began to really change for the better, judging from your own perspective.

It was just an ordinary school day when you and Jungwon decided to spend the afternoon at the ice cream shop, with the two of you hoping that you'll be able to solve a dilemma before the day ends.

That dilemma came in the form of your dreaded school project. Your Science teacher, Ms. Kwon, which your class nicknamed "The Tyrant", gave you a difficult, or in her words, challenging activity for the Science Fair. You and Jungwon are to create a miniature botanical garden filled with specific types of flora which she herself had listed.

Yes, you knew almost immediately that it's not going to be an easy thing to do. But as always, you had no choice but to take on the challenge. If not, even your kind sister will turn into a monster the moment she sees a failing grade in your records.

With that in mind, the first thing that you needed to do was to discuss it with your partner, who thankfully, has a particular set of skills when it comes to botany. In your mind, this alone is already a great advantage, and for this you decided to reward Jungwon once you were both done with it.

However, since he was still occupied with his club activities, he wasn't able to join you immediately, and so you decided to head there first and treat yourself with your favorite dessert.

Upon arriving there, you noticed that the place seemed pretty quiet, for you expected it to be filled with students from other schools who are also looking to spend some time there before they head home. Even though you were perplexed by this, you simply shrugged it off while thinking that the lack of other customers meant that today would be much quieter than usual.

After all, it will be much easier for you to come up with your ideas for the project without having to deal with such noises.

"Good afternoon. What will you have for today?" The person at the cashier said to you, as you greeted her with a smile.

"Good afternoon to you too. I'd like to have a serving of rocky road this time, please." You replied.

"Coming right up. Please wait a moment."

As she went to prepare your order, you took the time to look around the shop, as the familiar view seemed to fill you with nostalgia whenever you did so. The place has been around since your childhood days, and the fact that it's still in business made you feel relieved for a good reason.

While you were doing this, you then saw a lone customer eating her ice cream at a table near the corner of the shop, which got you curious.

This feeling only increased once you realized that she's wearing the same uniform as the female students of your school, which only served to pique your interest.

"Here you go. That will be 2,500 won." The cashier lady said, and it was only through hearing her voice were you able to stop looking at the girl.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Here's the payment." You quickly replied, as you gave her the exact amount that she said.

"Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it as always."